Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Tink's Tea Kettle

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tink's Tea Kettle

Anyone for a cup 'o tea?

Comment

The controversy is brewing...

Comment

Ah, but will it boil over?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

You people need to get off the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
            The controversy is brewing...
            Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            Ah, but will it boil over?
            Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
            You people need to get off the pot.

Aw. Really guys? Really?
            "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
            "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

We're cheap and easy.

Comment

I don't see an issue...the meet/greet area is in Fantasyland (yes the border) and will have a fantastical theme. I can stand at the "entrance" of Tomorrowland and look across the victorian style hub and see Tikis and a grass hut, the gates of a frontier fort, and a castle with mote...why would a large tea cup suddenly be a problem?

I guess it is just not some people's cup of tea.

Comment

You're just the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                    I can stand at the "entrance" of Tomorrowland and look across the victorian style hub and see Tikis and a grass hut, the gates of a frontier fort, and a castle with mote...why would a large tea cup suddenly be a problem?
                    Tomorrowland is the exception and for a reason. The other lands are all contained safely behind their respective gates. Adventureland not quite as much as Fantasyland and Frontierland. But Tomorrowland stands wide open (as the future was, and is). It was a thematic choice to leave it wide open like that. But for the most part, you can't really see what's going on in the other lands until you get into them.

And as the hub is a transitional area, seeing the gates and a brief little hint of the land is intentional, as a weenie, to draw you into that area. Some things, like the 140ft tall Matterhorn are kind of hard to hide. But Tink's meet and greet really does not go very well in the hub area. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Tink to finally be in the park and will be lining up with the rest. I just think there are better places for it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

So, what if they rethemed Ariel's clamshell to a gigantic leaf or something? Than it still fits without looking wildly out of place(at least compared to a teapot).

Comment

We don't even know exactly how this is going to look. So I say we wait til it's actually built. LoL!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                          We don't even know exactly how this is going to look. So I say we wait til it's actually built. LoL!
                          Good point, this tea pot is being condemed and we dont even know its demensions. Will it really be so big that it is obvious from the hub or from TL? It is possible it will be, but we really don't know.

Comment

My question was the how, WDI is currently responding that it will be a "Teapot". If you look at the various lands as "islands" each with their own plot of land. The teapot is on Tomorrowland's island, same as Ariel was only difference is it will be a giant teapot instead of a secluded Meet n Greet. At least that is the current plan.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

It does sound a little strange, and they haven't had a whole lot of respect for what the hub should look like recently, so it does worry me a little, but all we can do is wait and see. It sounds like it won't necessarily be very permanent, so if it's done poorly, hopefully it won't be there too long.
                              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                              -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                My question was the how, WDI is currently responding that it will be a "Teapot". If you look at the various lands as "islands" each with their own plot of land. The teapot is on Tomorrowland's island, same as Ariel was only difference is it will be a giant teapot instead of a secluded Meet n Greet. At least that is the current plan.
                                Ok, if you want to technically say that Ariel is in Tomorrowland, then that is your right. King Triton's Garden is there as well (or whatever that fountain area is called) and that isn't "tomorrowish" either. The way I've seen it over the years, Disneyland has moved many of their maps to however they see fit. Look at Frontierland and how it used to move all along the front of the river and then suddenly the canoes were in Critter Country?

But that isn't the point - the point is that this is going in a spot that is going to stick out in an odd way, according to how it is described. I'm trying to wait and pass judgement when the area opens (I know, take away my Gold membership and kick me off Micechat for such an idea). But yeah, there are better spots it could go if we want to take that route of thinking.

I like the suggestion of putting it in where the Hat shop currently is in Fantasyland - it's closer to Peter Pan, if that matters. I also think there is real estate that wouldn't cause traffic problems to put it up near the Princess Fantasy Faire. Over where the snack/souvenir cart is (across from Village Haus) at the base of the skyway station is another spot that could be utilized better. What would be neat is to create a maze-like pathway and as you walk into it, things begin to change and get larger so you feel smaller. Then, when you come upon Tink's Tea kettle, it won't seem so odd and out of place.
                                I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                                then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X