Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Tink's Tea Kettle

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tink's Tea Kettle

I wouldn't want the Mad Hatter to go, but the other locations would work. I don't think it's a bad location necessarily, if they do it right. I just agree that a giant Tea Kettle visible from the hub would not be good. To me the location could work though because she is so associated with the castle and fireworks that there is some logic to the location.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Comment

I'm not big on taking out any store, more or less just using space that is really not being utilized. That whole right side of the parade route is empty 3/4 of the day... yet they feel the need to uproot Ariel and toss in Tink... really doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus the added fact of not being able to meet a mermaid at the Magic Kingdom... I am all for a Tink meet n greet... just think there could be a better placement. The Ariel one is well hidden, very popular, and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Let's hope that somehow Tink can do the same.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

The interesting element to this is whether it will be Tink all day or if they're going to swap her out. In short, I don't think her friends will be very popular initially since they're not well known yet. I can see problems if they switch them out from time to time since some people could spend all this time in line and then get some random character they've never heard of.

Comment

All the reason having a larger area could be better. They could do it more like how they do Pooh & Friends in Critter Country - so you have other fairy friends to meet while you are in line for Tink. After the movie comes out, I imagine that some girls (kids?) would have a different favorite. When the book series came out, my daughter - who has been "Tink" in our house practically since birth - became a huge fan of Beck, the animal talent fairy. So, she might really like to meet Fawn when she sees the movie. (don't get me started on the whole "why did they change the characters they spent 3 years creating an audience for with the books argument...my daughter is 10 now and she is very unhappy about not having Beck in the movie...)
          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
          then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Although the front of the building this teapot is going to be attached to is in tommorowland, and despite what the maps say...due to theme I have never concidered the tritons garden or Ariel grotto as part of TL. At the most it is a "transitional area" but really, due to its theme and the fact that it faces the FL walkway, restroom, and Alice ride I have always concidered it FL. It is a case of Disney "anexing" some territory from one land to another, a long time ago.

Comment

I guess I am totally out of the loop... what does Tink have to do with teapots? Am I correct to assume she lives in one in the new fairy movie?

I see how Tink fits with the castle, she does after all sprinkle her pixie dust on it in the intro to Disney shows, but do agree that the meet and greet location would probably fit better with the theme behind the castle in Fantasyland. The abandoned skyway station would be an excellent location and put it to good use. I like your idea, tinkermonkey, of designing the queue line so that you feel like you have shrunk to Tink's size by the time you actually meet up with her.
              Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
              Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
              http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
              November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Comment

I HATE HATE HATE that they made that motorboat spot, my favorite place to eat a sack lunch, into a cancer pit. I guess I will have to eat at the hungry bear instead, my second favorite place to kick back and rest. (love the bathrooms)
                Janette

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget View Post
                  I HATE HATE HATE that they made that motorboat spot, my favorite place to eat a sack lunch, into a cancer pit. I guess I will have to eat at the hungry bear instead, my second favorite place to kick back and rest. (love the bathrooms)
                  I will keep my personal feelings towards this habit out of this comment and simply say that the decision was the "lesser of two evils" IMHO. I feel it is a better location then the Tomorrowland Train Station Exit. The lagoon was both peaceful and remote. But it's location was not formally being utilized as it had previously been expected to and it's remoteness was seen as an added benefit to those in TDA needing to transplant a smoking section.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                    I will keep my personal feelings towards this habit out of this comment and simply say that the decision was the "lesser of two evils" IMHO. I feel it is a better location then the Tomorrowland Train Station Exit. The lagoon was both peaceful and remote. But it's location was not formally being utilized as it had previously been expected to and it's remoteness was seen as an added benefit to those in TDA needing to transplant a smoking section.
                    I guess if I were a smoker, I could see it as being a logical location. Not being a smoker, I do not like it because I will miss the central location to take a break. Hungry Bear is actually better because of the bathrooms, but it's at the other end of the park. Oh well.

As an aside, on my next trip, I will be traveling with a smoker so I guess I will get to use it, hack hack hack
                    Janette

Comment

The real question becomes, if this is in fact a temporary solution then where would the permanent one be placed? And if this is in fact a permanent solution then how well can it be hidden? I was in Ariel's yesterday, and part of the "magic" is that the clam shell is below the rocks. From a distance all you see is a treeline and rocks which maintains the integrity of both Matterhorn and Tomorrowland. I suppose they could make a teapot rock formation, but anything large enough to walk in would likely be highly visible above the treeline.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mariezp View Post
                        I guess I am totally out of the loop... what does Tink have to do with teapots? Am I correct to assume she lives in one in the new fairy movie?
                        I was just wondering the same thing... Do Tinker Bell and all the fairies of Disney's newest franchise partake in tea parties?!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                          I was just wondering the same thing... Do Tinker Bell and all the fairies of Disney's newest franchise partake in tea parties?!
                          To my recollection the tea pot was simply an idea to give the illusion (theme) of being shrunk down to faerie size and it's semi-close location to the Alice ride helped nudge it in that direction.

Roll your eyes at the "newest franchise" all you like, but the book series is an excellently written group of stories with the kind of imagination and quality that Disney products have been lacking of late.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X