This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Top Places In Disneyland To Take a Photo

I plan to got to Disneyland next week and want to take "good" pictures. Does anyone have any advice on where to stand or go great positioning in photos. I know this doesn't make sense...I mean, I want to take pictures in the same positions as the great ones that look like postcards. I know this sounds lame, but Disney and pictures are my life.
    Preserving Your Memories on DVD

Re: Top Places In Desneyland To Take a Photo

You remind me of myself and my husband. I'm sure you will make your wife's birthday special. My fave pictures are ones that my husband has taken of me on the Mark Twain. This one in perticular:

Also, I think you can never go wrong in New Orleans Square.
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

Originally posted by aurora1729 View Post
      You remind me of myself and my husband. I'm sure you will make your wife's birthday special. My fave pictures are ones that my husband has taken of me on the Mark Twain. This one in perticular:

Also, I think you can never go wrong in New Orleans Square.
      omg thats so funny you say that cause my boyfriends fav. DL pix is of me on the Mark Twain but, to answer the question the castle is ALWAYS a great photo opp. Also I like to take pixs in Critter Country around the Pooh ride. The landscaping around there is very pretty! And you cant go wrong in all homes in toon town.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

The courtyard in NOS with the staircase that leads up to Club 33 is a great photo spot.

Comment

Anywhere. Disneyland is a detail masterpiece. Use all of it to your advantage.
          -Jack :geek:
          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

In front of the castle, DUH!!!

Comment

Not sure about Desneyland... never been there... but Disneyland has a multitude of spots. My recommendation is actually to take multiple photos of the same pose so you are able to determine the "best" one of each location when you get home. I snap a TON of shots, usually multiple ones of the same post or scene... some of them I can filter and delete on the camera (if I can tell the lighting is bad). When I get home I can then filter further, picking the best one, or the best two and then upload and post them.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

The photos that get taken and seen most frequently are like that for a reason--they're the most obvious vistas to snap shots of. So if you see something that looks like a good photo op to you, chances are it's been photographed literally thousands or even millions of times. It's a pretty surefire way to do it. As far as positioning...well, that's up to you, and I don't have much advice to give there. The standard "rules" of composition apply (e.g. the rule of thirds), of course.

My personal recommendation is to do what I do--if you're gonna take photos there, take photos of the things no one else has. I defy you to find any other photos like these online, or anywhere else for that matter.

Granted, they're not everyone's cup of tea, but these are just the extremes. I'm gonna suggest that you'll have more fun taking photos few others have attempted, even if they're not as weird as these. But that's just my two cents--take 'em for what they're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                  Not sure about Desneyland... never been there... but Disneyland has a multitude of spots.
                  Never been there either! Sounds like a Disneyland ripoff.

Comment

The great thing in the age of the digital camera is that you can basically take an unlimited amount of pictures and among those, you'll surely have some good ones.

If there is something I want to really try and get a good picture of, I usually take between 5 to 10 of it in slightly different ways. Usually a true winner or two comes out of it.

Comment

Where is Desneyland? In enaheim.
                      sigpic

Comment

The great thing about Disneyland is there is an oppurtunity for a great picture everywhere you go
                        ~It All Started With A Mouse~

Comment

Re: Top Places In Disneyland To Take a Photo

Originally posted by Photoshowstudio View Post
                          I plan to got to Disneyland next week and want to take "good" pictures. Does anyone have any advice on where to stand or go great positioning in photos. I know this doesn't make sense...I mean, I want to take pictures in the same positions as the great ones that look like postcards. I know this sounds lame, but Disney and pictures are my life.
                          I hope this is what you are asking? Places I enjoy to take shots:
                          -Snow Whites Grotto next to the castle
                          -Off to the left of the castle there is a bridge. Over there, I enjoy getting some of the plants in the bottom of the photo and take a shot of the castle.
                          -The Partners statue (off to the left) with the castle in the background
                          -Main St, Flag with castle/main street
                          -Court of Angels in NOS
                          -Rivers of America with the Mark Twain
                          -Characters
                          -Details: windows, lights, signs, garbage cans (even!), plaques throughout the park, plants/flowers
                          -Rides
                          -Night shots in Fantasyland, Castle, Tomorrowland, Main Street

I hope you can share your photos that you take. Have fun!

Comment

Re: Top Places In Disneyland To Take a Photo

Originally posted by Photoshowstudio View Post

There are many places around that have a "picture spot" sign. One that I remember is by the Matterhorn. Get a photopass card. There are many places to take shots there. There is a REALLY GOOD photopass guy who works around the haunted mansion and rivers area that takes nice shots. I bought the CD. When I get them I'll post a few.
                            Janette

Comment

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
                              Never been there either! Sounds like a Disneyland ripoff.
                              Oh, you really must go! The best photo opps are by Sleeping Baeuty's Castle and Splosh Mountain. And don't forget to visit Desney's Colifornia Adventure!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X