This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] World of Color Testing Pics

I was reading TechOperations Fantasy Waters thread and noticed he posted a link to a site that had World of Color testing photos. Or some other water show that was on Paradise Pier's lake (not Luminaria)

http://www.miragewaterworks.com/peacock/001.htm

Re: World of Color Testing Pics

Wow!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Comment

Looks vary neat! I really like the picture with the stars and the bar code thing.

Comment

This was posted as 4th of July. I am not sure if anyone was in the park (I was not) but this may have been for that celebration.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I just wanna know what that "Snow Globe" is doing there.
          Are they taking a stab at Universal Studios Orlando "Universal 360" show?
          I think I remember seeing them in the concept artwork too.

Edit: Oh, this was for fourth of July?

Comment

Originally posted by TIS17 View Post
            I just wanna know what that "Snow Globe" is doing there.
            Are they taking a stab at Universal Studios Orlando "Universal 360" show?
            I think I remember seeing them in the concept artwork too.

Edit: Oh, this was for fourth of July?
            When I clicked on Main Gallery view it said Disney California Adventure and 4th of July. It then proceeded to state in the description that the DCA tail was designed, built, and delivered within 12 hours. That left me with the impression that this was possibly temporary and maybe used on the 4th of July since it was lumped in the same gallery. I was not in the park on the 4th. I do not know if that is the case or if this was for something else and simply lumped in the same gallery.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I just saw the photos for it! It looks like they are using some of the same technology they used for Fantasmic! But, when it comes out, I'll have to wait and see.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I was slightly underwhelmed..hope it's something else:/

Comment

Well, I'm sure there is going to be much more to it than that one water screen...

Comment

Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

Hmmm...looks a bit Fantasmic ish.

Comment

Originally posted by TIS17 View Post
                        I was reading TechOperations Fantasy Waters thread and noticed he posted a link to a site that had World of Color testing photos. Or some other water show that was on Paradise Pier's lake (not Luminaria)

http://www.miragewaterworks.com/peacock/001.htm
                        wow thank you for sharing that. I can't wait to see it when it opens in a year or two.

Comment

Check out the bottom portion of the OP's link to Mirage Waterworks.

How interesting (and how current) is the copyright displayed below the posted picture?

I highly doubt the copyright is for anything besides the photos as the technology for the water screens debuted during Fantasmic!'s 1992 premiere.

In addition, visit the home page of Mirage Waterworks and connect to the Credits tab. Notice how their most recent project is a listing for "2005 World Expo Japan (pending)."

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.

I just wanted to do some more digging around with the presented information.

I think the pictures shown are PERHAPS other "failed versions" of Luminaria?

By the way, the 4th of July portion focuses on the Tempe, AZ project.
                          *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                            Check out the bottom portion of the OP's link to Mirage Waterworks.

How interesting (and how current) is the copyright displayed below the posted picture?

I highly doubt the copyright is for anything besides the photos as the technology for the water screens debuted during Fantasmic!'s 1992 premiere.

In addition, visit the home page of Mirage Waterworks and connect to the Credits tab. Notice how their most recent project is a listing for "2005 World Expo Japan (pending)."

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.

I just wanted to do some more digging around with the presented information.

I think the pictures shown are PERHAPS other "failed versions" of Luminaria?

By the way, the 4th of July portion focuses on the Tempe, AZ project.

This might be true but their wasn't ANYTHING like it in Luminaria at all. Just those stupid gift box tv's or projections. Thats a far cry from this. An plus their wasn't a sphere in Luminaria. But there is an Earth like dome thing in the World of Color concept art. But I do see the copyright issue. An I also know these were taken after hours because in picture 4 you can clearly see work lights on Screamin'. Which means it wasn't a private event either.
                            Last edited by TIS17; 07-12-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I think that maybe if we can see Midway Mania across the bay than it can cement if it's WOC testing or not...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X