Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question about the Canoes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] A Question about the Canoes

    A quick question-about 1/4 of the way down the RoA there are a few rocks a few feet from the shore of the island. Invariably, every time I ride, the CMs always take us through the rocks, instead of around it. Is there a reason for this?

    INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel


    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

  • #2
    Re: A Question about the Canoes

    Because it is fun. Imagine that.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Question about the Canoes

      Are the canoes actually free floating or are they somehow stabalized or on tracks?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Question about the Canoes

        free floating

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Question about the Canoes

          It is fun!

          I always get worried that we will hit the rocks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Question about the Canoes

            Isnt that supposed to be the rapids section?

            Last time I was on the canoes, we skipped that part.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Question about the Canoes

              Originally posted by rokketride View Post
              Isnt that supposed to be the rapids section?

              Last time I was on the canoes, we skipped that part.
              Yes it is the white water portion of the ride.

              MegaDisney - the canoes are completely powered by the riders so sometimes you get a fast ride if you are racing another canoe and sometimes you get a slow ride if I'm in the canoe and doing my princess wave instead of paddling. Either way its always fun.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Question about the Canoes

                Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                Either way its always fun.
                If it's over 100 degrees, it's a little less than fun. Closer to miserable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Question about the Canoes

                  Originally posted by aashee View Post
                  If it's over 100 degrees, it's a little less than fun. Closer to miserable.
                  Not if you're fanning yourself and a really cute canoe man
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Question about the Canoes

                    Thanks for the clarification guys!

                    Pratt55 you crack me up!

                    I am amazed with them being free floating that there have not been more accidents or people getting dumped out into the ROA.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Question about the Canoes

                      Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                      MegaDisney - the canoes are completely powered by the riders so sometimes you get a fast ride if you are racing another canoe and sometimes you get a slow ride if I'm in the canoe and doing my princess wave instead of paddling. Either way its always fun.
                      Hahaha. That's the way to do it! :yea:

                      We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Question about the Canoes

                        Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post
                        I am amazed with them being free floating that there have not been more accidents or people getting dumped out into the ROA.
                        Well, I for one really would not choose to go in there voluntarily.

                        That water is kinda sorta clean (they keep the larger chunks strained out and it won't kill you straight away) but not really clean - Between the fish and the ducks...

                        The canoes are designed to be as stable as possible, and it would take a concerted effort by multiple mutineers to tip them. And diving/falling in on purpose is going to get you a quick trip to the Security Office to explain yourself.

                        --<< Bruce >>--
                        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A Question about the Canoes

                          Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                          And diving/falling in on purpose is going to get you a quick trip to the Security Office to explain yourself.
                          along with a fun new rash - you give the cleanliness of the water too much credit. Ask any CM who has done canoe races.
                          "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A Question about the Canoes

                            Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                            along with a fun new rash - you give the cleanliness of the water too much credit. Ask any CM who has done canoe races.
                            Like I said, the Rivers Of America won't kill you - at least not right away. The EPA hasn't declared it a Superfund Site, but I wouldn't consider it as "Emergency Drinking Water" either.

                            ROA water is good enough to flush the toilets or put out fires with in an emergency, so there is a use for it.

                            If you need to make drinking water you could Reverse Osmosis Filter the Submarine Lagoon water for drinking after the bottled water runs out. They keep the Sub Lagoon well filtered for optical clarity, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's way salty from the chemicals - the RO would strip out most of the salt.

                            --<< Bruce >>--
                            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A Question about the Canoes

                              That AquaShade Dye isnt that healthy if swallowed.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X