• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Re: Remember It All Started With A Mouse - A Tale of July 17, 2005

I'm not sure exactly when we passed this sign, but we wern't giving up now. I can proudly report that we all got our pins, and Jennifer even bought at few other items.

The kids were great, and Brittany even had a smile on her face, when her mom snapped this picture, just before she purchased her pin.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 05:06 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
      Chicago Gal
      • Apr 2005

Now it was time for our lunch, and let me just say that we cut it quite close. We missed the ceremonies in front of the Castle. I missed the MiceChat Meet at the Hub. I missed the carousel ride. We didn't ride any rides yet. We were tired, and hungry, and we just wanted to sit down. I didn't even ask for a table, by the water, I just wanted food, and a seat.

It took us a while to get David to smile, but he came around. I remember how good the Mint Juleps tasted. I remember that my jambalaya was spicy, but I still ate quite a bit. Jennifer had the Monte Cristo, without cheese, and it was yummy. She shared with me. The kids ate pretty good, then again, Jennifer's kids have good appetites. Now that we were fed, and watered, we could finally ride some rides.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 02:46 PM.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
        Chicago Gal
        • Apr 2005

We were fairly close to Jungle Cruise, and there was no wait, if I am remembering correctly, so we decided to make that our first ride of the day.

Jennifer took a lot of pictures of the mosaics, and the plaques that were at the attractions around the park. We tried to take as many pictures as we could of the 50 Mickeys, as well. I had a lot of fun snapping pictures on that vacation.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 02:56 PM.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
          Chicago Gal
          • Apr 2005

On the way to Fantasyland, we stopped at Snow White's Grotto. We spent quite a lot of time there. It was good to be moving about, and the weather was very nice.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 03:08 PM.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• kelly
            love my friends
            • Sep 2005

Love it.. keep it coming:yea:

Friends for life

Comment

• Barbaraann
              Chicago Gal
              • Apr 2005

Now don't get dizzy, but we are about to take a ride on the Tea Cups. I love the Tea Cups. Jennifer, and ALyssa and I were in one, and Brittany, and David were in the other. After our ride, we took some pictures in the stationary Gold One.

Now that isn't the greatest picture of me, spinning in a Tea Cup, but it sure was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                Chicago Gal
                • Apr 2005

I remember that at one point in time we passed by the Matterhorn. We were watching the time, because we wanted to return to the castle area, to see the broadcast that they were going to project on the screens that they had set up. Walt Disney's dedication from 1955 was going to be featured. I believe they were at some point in time, also going to show the ceremonies from that morning which we had missed.

I took a photo of the screen. Getting to see the broadcast was very nice. There were a lot of people congregated near the screen, but it was visible from far away, and it was broadcast over the loud speakers. I was glad that we got to see it.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

• iheartdisneyland
                  I LOVE Disneyland :)
                  • Nov 2006

That was so much fun! Thank you I wish I was there!

Comment

• kelly
                    love my friends
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

Love these 2 of you barbara

Friends for life

Comment

• Barbaraann
                      Chicago Gal
                      • Apr 2005

We made our way down Main Street. The kids spent some time in the Penny Arcade, and I took a lot of pictures of the Dapper Dans. I love listening to them sing.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                        Chicago Gal
                        • Apr 2005

Do you like Parades? Well I do. I was fortunate enough to have seen the parade the day before, but I wasn't going to miss the chance to see it again. We found some good spots in Town Square, and we got ready to see the Parade of Dreams.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 05:09 PM.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                          Chicago Gal
                          • Apr 2005

I didn't do that so well, did I. I know that I enjoyed watching the parade. These photos are some of the many that we took. They are all out of sequence, I am sure. I left the Jiminy one for last, since he is my favorite of all the characters, and it was so good to finally see him in the parade.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

• lou_mom
                            Disneymom
                            • Mar 2006

I remember that day. It was so weird. My two older kids went to THe whitemountains with my in-laws and they didn't want to take my little one who was five. The older ones were 14 and 17. Well, my friend and and I decided to take her son and my daughter to Disneyland for a long weekend. I loved DLR but didn't know it's history. I had an AP and thought that would work, it was a Delux not APP. We were blocked out but when I found out why I had to pay the extra money to get in cause it was Disneyland's 50th. How cool was that? I got to go and didn't even know about it until that day. We just happened to plan a trip on that weekend. My daughter was so thrilled. She has the golden ears hung on her wall. I will find a way to make sure that we are there for DLR's 100th. Maybe I'll try to be there for it's 55th on July 17th 2010. It was nice being there with her but I also wished my other two could have been there too. They were jealous of her. But also happy for her. We enjoyed the day and the cupcakes. A memory forever in my heart.

Comment

• ladydragon55
                              living to haunt
                              • May 2005

A trip report from one of my favorite people! And a walk down memory lane all in the same report! This report rocks! I wish I had been there and enjoyed the fun. I like the idea of being there for the 55th! Since DL and I were born in the same year! Thanks for a great report and good to see you posting!
                              "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                              --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                              Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                Chicago Gal
                                • Apr 2005

Well the rest of the day is kind of a blur in my memory. I know that I had a great time. They rebroadcast the ceremony, from that morning in front of the castle, in Town Square again, and I was able to listen to it, and see it. Jennifer, and the kids left, after the parade, and I hung around for a while. I mostly took pictures in Town Square. I didn't want to leave, and I sat for a while, appreciating the magic of the day.

By the way, our vacation was from July the 16th all they way until the 22nd, so I still had a lot of time to do all the wonderful things still left to do.

I got to ride all the Main Street Vehicles. I saw Fantasmic, and the Fireworks. We also visited DCA, and saw Block Party Bash. I visited the Opera House, and saw the 50th exhibit. We rode rides. Lots of rides. We had great food, and got a lot of autographs. I even finally ran into a MiceChatter, and just missed a few, I later found out.

It was my very first Disneyland vacation, and it will always be my favorite.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                  Chicago Gal
                                  • Apr 2005

Today is Disneyland's birthday, or perhaps it is tomorrow, depending on what you believe. All I know is that 3 years ago, this week, I fell in love with Disneyland. Ever since I turned that corner, walked through the esplanade, the very first time, and went through the turnstiles. It is a magic place. It will always be my favorite park, and I can't wait until I can return again.

Remember - It All Started With A Mouse.................................................. .

Than you. Mr. Disney.

That's all. Thanks for looking
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• WheresMickey
                                    Looking for Hidden Mickey
                                    • May 2008

Great report! I wish i was there!
                                    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

• Aura of Foreboding
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Apr 2005

Awesome report, Barbaraann! I love it! :squeeze:

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                        Chicago Gal
                                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
                                        Short Story!
                                        Was I that boring?
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• prillzilla
                                          Pirate Girl
                                          • Jan 2005

July 17, 2005.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and photos.

I will never forget that day. I got up early Sat to buy my Harry Potter book. I intended to go to bed early. But I never went to bed. I got to DLR at midnight. Had to park way down at another lot(South CM lot?) and walk a few blocks. Waited in the line outside DCA and was about number 1000. After they moved us several times, at about 3:00am they gave us golden ears hats, wristbands and 50th maps they lined us into DCA. Some people were sleeping near the curbs in the Hollywood Backlot. I was right in front of Playhouse Disney. I couldn't sleep. At about 6 am they started to usher us through the right side gate of DL. I was so cranky from no sleep. But the CMs lining Main Street were so nice saying "welcome home" that I couldn't help but smile :-))) We headed directly to the pin line to get our "I Was There" pin(that was selling afterwards for $200-300!) and stopped at about The Mark Twain dock. Got my pin at about 9 or 9:30. I knew that the castle would be too crowded to watch the presentation. So, we headed to Small World to watch the jumbotron there at 10:00. I kept falling asleep sitting on the cement. Stood in line for 40 minutes to get a corn dog. Rode the mansion. And went home at 2:00pm. I slept for 2 hours when I got home.

It was a cranky day(and night) but I WILL NEVER FORGET IT! :-)

Aprille :-)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X