Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Disneyland's Birthday... a Trip to DCA...?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report On Disneyland's Birthday... a Trip to DCA...?

That's right folks! I had the day off, and Boy Solo and I hadn't been to DCA in far too long so we decided to have way too much fun there on Disneyland's birthday!

After a quick trip to McDonald's for breakfast (Yummmm) we headed to Disneyland, where we were parked on Goofy.

Once off the tram, we saw Andy's finest:

Well, we heard what they had to say, so off to Toy Story Mania we were!

But... Boy Solo and I are brats, and when we saw that at 9:30am, the line was already at an hour, we skipped it. We've ridden it many times as is and we are too good for hour lines!

So we decided since we were there, we'd get on King Triton's Carousel.

Boy Solo looks quite dashing upon his yellow fish.

Boy Solo and I usually skip the Sun Wheel but I decided we oughtta hop on. We definitely didn't get a death-I mean swinging gondola.

Boy Solo points out all the wonderful scenery, most importantly Whoopi.

Once walking along the Pier some more, I forced Boy Solo to go on the Orange Stinger. We have ridden it once before and have called it the "death swings" because they are seriously the scariest swings ever.

He doesn't look so terrified!

I was, however.

Forcing Boy Solo on things was the theme of the day because I then made him go on Jumpin' Jelly Fish. How exhilarating! Highlight of the day:

Jumpin' CM: Now, everybody say "weeeeee!"
    Boy Solo: No... USSSSSSS!

Then we strapped into a car and took the craziest road trip in California!

Boy Solo wasn't sure it was a good idea though because a bridge was out.

Soooo attractive. I guess no one looks good when you're almost crashing! Look at all the construction.

The Golden Zephyr was looking lonely and we had to ride it before the wind picked up and it got shut down (hey it's happened to us before) so we hopped on.

We were then feeling very, very hot so we headed over to Bug's Land where we played in some water (which was being monitored by a CM, is that normal, I don't ever remember seeing them before) and decided to have fun in Flick's Fun Fair.

Flick's Flyers, where we rode in a box of Applesauce... which has always been weird to me... Applesauce comes in jars and snack packs.

I love the Nutritional Facts on this.

Then we danced on Francis' Ladybug Boogie.

We rode Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies, but no pictures. I got a new riding partner for this one! A little girl who was too young to ride alone, but mom was too busy with baby to go with her, so we made a fun team. Unfortunately we mostly went in circles, Boy Solo bumped us a few times.

Then we got too dry so back in the water fun we went.

After we felt wet enough (that's what she said) we went on my personal favorite Heimlich's Chew Chew Train! Funny story, when we got to our seats, there was a HUGE bug in our little car. The CM fetched it and put it in the bushes but very ironic, indeed.

Yum!

So we made our way back out to Sunshine Plaza where we decided we wanted to get out of DCA, but we saw Chip!!

We grabbed Soarin' fast passes awhile ago but didn't want to stay until 2:15pm so we gave them to another couple having a great day, I hope they enjoyed them!

So we exited the gates of DCA and walked into Disneyland to ride the Matterhorn. But first we caught a ride on the Omnibus, a first for us!

We checked the wait board to decide whether we wanted Matterhorn or Space, and after much debate we decided to skip both and try and get a picture with the Pinocchio crew. It was massive chaos of autograph books and children so after waiting to see if we could slide in after 10 minutes or so we decided to skip that, too. So we loaded on the horseless carriage (and we rode alone, very lovely) and left the park. On our way out we saw this:

I was super sad Boy Solo had work at 5 so we couldn't celebrate, but oh well, we celebrated in our own way.

That's it, thanks for readin'!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Re: On Disneyland's Birthday... a Trip to DCA...?

Great report! Look like you guys had lots of fun!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Nice report!

Comment

HOW FUN!!! You guys are too funny; so Boy Solo has a bit of the sarcastic comedian in him too? I think I know a guy like that. haha! Glad to see you 2 having fun in the parks.

Comment

Excellente!!

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
          Then we danced on Francis' Ladybug Boogie.

That is soooooo funny!! LOL, :lol:

Comment

Great trip report and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome report! Love the photos and commentary! Thanks so much for sharing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

That was very cool - thanks!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

What is wrong with you...? =P

Comment

Great report! Glad you stopped by the actual birthday party and didn't stay at the creepy neighbor's house. LOL!

Comment

Great TR!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        Great report! Glad you stopped by the actual birthday party and didn't stay at the creepy neighbor's house. LOL!
                        We really just grabbed some cake and left. We're terrible.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Great TR! Thanks for sharing.
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
                            We were then feeling very, very hot so we headed over to Bug's Land where we played in some water (which was being monitored by a CM, is that normal, I don't ever remember seeing them before) and decided to have fun in Flick's Fun Fair.
                            When there's enough CM's and it's warm enough to draw crowds of little ones it is in the rotation. Otherwise there's an occasional task or people on other tasks just give it a check.

Comment

Great Report and pics. You guys are lucky you got to go on Thursday. My girlfriend and I both had to work. You guys remind me of me and my girlfriend. We always take lots of pics when we go to DLR. We also skip rides when the wait is more then like 30 min.
                              Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                              Golly, what a day

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X