• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • airick75
    dream out loud
    • Jan 2007

[Idea] Please put Little Mermaid ride in Disneyland proper

I read on Jim Hill Media that they are seriously considering putting a Little Mermaid ride in the Magic Kingdom in Florida. While I'm thrilled there will also be one in California - I wish they would put it in Disneyland! It just seems like a classic fit - and anyone who says there isn't room - it's Disneyland, they can figure it out. What does anyone else think?
  • Dan - Tasmic!
    Banned User
    • Jun 2006

Re: Please put Little Mermaid ride in Disneyland proper

True, Disney are masters at squeezing attractions in a small, living space!!

Comment

• Datameister
      =)
      • Aug 2005

There's no space for it in Disneyland. Yes, there's space in Disneyland for new stuff, but not anywhere that'd be appropriate for the Little Mermaid. Unless the Fantasyland Theater were removed, which I wouldn't have a problem with. EDIT: And I'm told you shouldn't necessarily believe everything you read on Jim Hill...

Comment

• pianoman13
        Fancy that...
        • Jun 2007

I think that TLM fits in DCA perfectly. However I think that we aught to get a Beauty and The Beast ride in the motorboat lagoon area.

Comment

• cakvalasc
          Disney Colorful!
          MiceChat Administrator
          • Oct 2006

The little mermaid ride will go great into DCA, something else should go into Disneyland.

Loving Disney Since 2006!
          Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

• Anders
            back to basics
            • Apr 2005

I'm all for it being in DCA. It will work out well in area that they are creating around it there. In Disneyland, there would be no room to put an attraction of it's size in without removing the Fantasyland Theater like Datameister said.

DCA can definitely use a big dark ride like this, whereas Disneyland itself has eight dark rides (I'll count Buzz for this) based on animated films already. DCA has one, Monsters Inc. or if you count TSMM, two.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
              DoleWhipDrea
              • Apr 2005

Disneyland has a lot going for it...DCA needs help. Do we really want to lump all the lame attractions into the "other" park? The point of having DCA there is to evenly distribute crowds and maker it a resort area...not have one park the golden child and then the other the ugly cousin.

Comment

• Corona Tower Hotel
                New MiceChatter
                • Jul 2008

yeah i agree with them, disneyland has a lot going for it, it doesnt need more rides like that. it does need new ones but the little mermaid to me, seems like a DCA ride.

Comment

• mycroft16
                  I'm not really here
                  • Aug 2006

While I think it would be awesome to rip out the Fantasyland Theater and put it in there (death to the PFF)... DCA needs the help desperately, and the Pier area, with an already existing Ariel restaurant and seaside theme is a great location for it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Kasey
                    MiceChatter
                    • Sep 2007

I see some validity in airick75's reasoning. Ariel is shown as a Princess in most merchandise and she comes from a traditional animated film rather than a Pixar film. Perhaps Buzz Lightyear should be moved to DCA to make the themes consistent?
                    Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

• Circa1966
                      ...my first visit to DL
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                      I think that TLM fits in DCA perfectly. However I think that we aught to get a Beauty and The Beast ride in the motorboat lagoon area.
                      Or how about Little Mermaid in the old motorboat area - water, nice transition between the submarine lagoon and Fantasyland.

Although I think it important to give people a reason to go over to DCA... :blush:

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                        KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                        • Jun 2007

I'll say the same thing too. Little Mermaid is a perfect fit in DCA.
                        sigpic
                        Home away from Home.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          There's no space for it in Disneyland. Yes, there's space in Disneyland for new stuff, but not anywhere that'd be appropriate for the Little Mermaid. Unless the Fantasyland Theater were removed, which I wouldn't have a problem with. EDIT: And I'm told you shouldn't necessarily believe everything you read on Jim Hill...
                          Honor Hunter has been reporting the same thing, so you don't have to believe Jim Hill solely.

I agree with what most people have said, I think it will be a good fit for PP and DCA and is needed in DCA far more than DL.
                          Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                            We all need a Jiminy.
                            • Apr 2005

I also believe that the Little Mermaid ride should go in DCA. Some say that it is a perfect fix, but don't explain WHY that is. It would seem that Fantasyland would be the right place because mermaids are a fantasy. That is true, and it would fit there.

But California is a coastal state. The ocean is a major asset of California that does not have much of a focus in DCA. I think that a place in DCA that carries the theme of the ocean thru to include the Little Mermaid would fit fine.

Comment

• VeganPrincess
                              Defying gravity
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by airick75 View Post
                              I read on Jim Hill Media that they are seriously considering putting a Little Mermaid ride in the Magic Kingdom in Florida. While I'm thrilled there will also be one in California - I wish they would put it in Disneyland! It just seems like a classic fit - and anyone who says there isn't room - it's Disneyland, they can figure it out. What does anyone else think?
                              I really would prefer that Disney stopped building duplicate rides on both coasts. In recent years, there has been: TSMM, BLAB, Turtle Talk with Crush, Block Party Bash (moved), Soarin, etc. Goodness knows the Magic Kingdom needs a new decent ride waaaaaay more than either DL or DCA!

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                                I really would prefer that Disney stopped building duplicate rides on both coasts. In recent years, there has been: TSMM, BLAB, Turtle Talk with Crush, Block Party Bash (moved), Soarin, etc. Goodness knows the Magic Kingdom needs a new decent ride waaaaaay more than either DL or DCA!
                                I agree, but from what Honor at BSD has said, Lasseter is pushing for the two Mermaid rides to be pretty different, and for some big exciting changes for WDW's MK. The MK version is supposed to be smaller and have a totally different exterior look then DCA's. WDI is apparently also working on plans to give a whole new, "Second Golden Age" treatment by also adding a B&B attraction. Other proposals include a Snow White themed coaster and a Pixie Hollow forest area. If the MK's FL is going to get all this love and unique attractions and DCA is still going to get the premiere version of TLM, I'm a lot less bothered by this cloning than I had been before.
                                Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

As long as you're all certain that there's no chance of what really should happen, happening (namely, taking a big putty knife and sc off all the gunky ick in the parking lot, and returning it to its former excellent self), then yeah, a Mermaid attraction feels more like a DCA fit.

If anything is a DCA fit.
                                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                                    DoleWhipDrea
                                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                                    I see some validity in airick75's reasoning. Ariel is shown as a Princess in most merchandise and she comes from a traditional animated film rather than a Pixar film. Perhaps Buzz Lightyear should be moved to DCA to make the themes consistent?
                                    Pixar is not a theme! It's a fricken studio! In the end, they're all Disney films.

And not everything in DCA is based off of Pixar/Disney films. All of DCA's major E-tickets are not based on Pixar/Disney films at all.

Comment

• Kasey
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                      Pixar is not a theme! It's a fricken studio! In the end, they're all Disney films.

And not everything in DCA is based off of Pixar/Disney films. All of DCA's major E-tickets are not based on Pixar/Disney films at all.
                                      Why so angry?
                                      Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
                                        Animation Domination
                                        • Apr 2008

Fantasyland doesn't really have room for a new attraction. The Little Mermaid ride fits better in DCA because taking out Golden Dreams for TLM really makes sense.
                                        "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X