Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work on Star Tours?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Pictures] Work on Star Tours?

    I saw what looks like new duct work waiting on top of the Star Tours show building and was wondering if anyone has any idea whats going on.

    Could it be the beginning of the upgrades to the show building for the new ride?


  • #2
    Re: Work on Star Tours?

    Fascinating! (No sarcasm there, actually.) I wish I had a chopper so I could take a look at it from above...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Work on Star Tours?

      This could vary well be the start to the impending redo/refreb. Not to be one of those obnoxious rumormongers, but my CM buddy told me that she and other Tours CM's are being cross trained due to the upcoming redo and subsequent down time. So I hope this is it!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Work on Star Tours?

        Haven't they been doing roof work in that area for the past month? It was reported not long ago that they were re-roofing the Star Traders building.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Work on Star Tours?

          True. Very True. Maybe that's what it was for but it's great to hear they're cross training CM 's for the downtime. That means it's not too far away. Take your last rides...
          WELCOME ABOARD
          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Work on Star Tours?

            IF this does involve a significant digital upgrade it will also involve extra cooling which would need more venting capabilities than are probably there. New ductwork could be a part of that. It could also simply be new ductwork to replace aging ducts. But I'll bet it is going to happen during the ride down-time to make things easier.

            Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Work on Star Tours?

              They actually have been working on that roof for the past month. The roof has been known to leak and they're just trying to get the work done before the rains come. No heavy equipment have been seen. Just general roofing material.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Work on Star Tours?

                Originally posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
                They actually have been working on that roof for the past month. The roof has been known to leak and they're just trying to get the work done before the rains come. No heavy equipment have been seen. Just general roofing material.
                It is also the work where the guy fell off the Star Traders roof....
                Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Work on Star Tours?

                  Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                  It is also the work where the guy fell off the Star Traders roof....
                  Only fell a couple of feet and sprained his ankle. Couldn't come down off the larger ladder due to the sprained ankle so he had to be helped down. No serious injuries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Work on Star Tours?

                    Originally posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
                    They actually have been working on that roof for the past month. The roof has been known to leak and they're just trying to get the work done before the rains come. No heavy equipment have been seen. Just general roofing material.

                    The duct work in the pic is not general roofing material, they look like air flow ducts, really big ones.

                    It's also on the oppisite side of the Traders closer to Main Street.

                    So I also believe it may be for a new or upgraded cooling system.

                    "No heavy equipment has been seen" Well they got up there some how.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Work on Star Tours?

                      Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post

                      "No heavy equipment has been seen" Well they got up there some how.
                      Maybe they used that Disney magic!
                      Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Work on Star Tours?

                        Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                        The duct work in the pic is not general roofing material, they look like air flow ducts, really big ones.

                        It's also on the oppisite side of the Traders closer to Main Street.

                        So I also believe it may be for a new or upgraded cooling system.

                        "No heavy equipment has been seen" Well they got up there some how.
                        That's where they have been working. You have to remember that building hasn't been touched since Star Tours first went in. The roof isn't that high up in the back. A simple fork lift could lift the pipes up high enough to be rolled out onto the roof. From there it would be simple enough to move them from there. Hate to burst everyone's bubble but the only thing that is happening is just general roof repair.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Work on Star Tours?

                          Originally posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
                          Hate to burst everyone's bubble but the only thing that is happening is just general roof repair.
                          Source? Just out of curiosity, not knocking you at all.

                          Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Work on Star Tours?

                            Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                            Source? Just out of curiosity, not knocking you at all.
                            Why do I need to say a source? What if I knew somebody who worked with the company? Would I narc him out and possible get him in trouble? What if I worked for the company? Would I say so and get myself in trouble? What if I run the contracting company or work with the company that is doing the work on the roof? Would I say so and sacrifice the chance for further contracts? I don't need to say what my sources are because I wont sacrifice anything or anybody but all they are doing right now is Roof work. That's all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Work on Star Tours?

                              Originally posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
                              Only fell a couple of feet and sprained his ankle. Couldn't come down off the larger ladder due to the sprained ankle so he had to be helped down. No serious injuries.
                              Glad he's ok.

                              Welcome to MiceChat!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X