X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] A More Adventurous Adventure Land

Re: A More Adventurous Adventure Land

Originally posted by XSub-Captain View Post
    However, they are no longer skippered by cast members as the new ride would not need to be narrated other than by recorded parts here and there.
    You, my friend, are a dead man. That is DL blasphemy

Comment

When you look at Disneyland from the air, you really notice just how big Adventure Land is.
      The Goodyear blimp was hovering around the resort today for hours...
      Were you in there? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by BurtGummer View Post
        You, my friend, are a dead man. That is DL blasphemy
        LOL.. ya.. I'm ducking outta this conversation..

Just kidding..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

In my humble opinion the Jungle Cruise is not a very good ride, kinda stupid, not funny and the animals are phony looking.
          Uh oh...you're gonna have a few former and current skips on your tail very quickly, making comments like that... But I'll leave it to them. I happen to enjoy the Jungle Cruise, and while it's nowhere near my favorite, your idea struck a very dissonant chord in me at first.

That being said...I can see some appeal to the plan. It'd be tragic, to say the least, to completely bulldoze an attraction Walt himself built, one that has its fair share of devotees among guests and CMs, one that relies so much on nature. But clearing out more space for Adventureland (note that it's one word! ) itself would be a marvelous thing, and dark rides are creatively lucrative because of the sheer level of control they offer. There are possibilities. But one disadvantage to building indoors would be that you'd lose the true jungle feel. It'd become more of a theatrical experience, a la Pirates or HM. And those are great! I love them more than the Jungle Cruise! But one of the Jungle Cruise's strengths, I think, is the sheer scale of its natural beauty. You're in a real jungle in the middle of Anaheim, California.

So I guess my verdict is that I'd rather keep our Jungle Cruise, yet see your idea worked into another park. Best of both worlds.

Two last things: firstly, the WFJC can be very funny or very unfunny. It all depends on the skip, and unfortunately, the talent has left something to be desired of late. And secondly, Adventureland does tend to be crowded, but we can chalk it up to atmosphere--after all, wouldn't you think that sort of bazaar would be crowded?

Comment

Charge! :mob: :mob: :mob:

Comment

Okay a different approach, that should make everyone happy. Just bulldoze the front half of the Jungle Cruise leaving the back part untouched. Then get some new canoe type jungle boats where the guests paddle. Keep the skippers as the narrators. The ride will take about as long since it is paddle powered and the guests will be happy they didn't have to paddle the length of the old river.

Now you get the benefit of a much larger Adventureland and the nostalgia of a ride that Walt designed.

Now about the Adventureland one word thing! Who ever maintains this site should make the spell checker not put a red misspelling line under Adventureland "one word" which it does. This leads the spelling challenged to think Adventure Land two words is correct. So thanks Data Meister, I am preparing my next post about Mainstreetusa and would have been very embarrassed to repeat my Adventure Land "two word" error again.

Comment

I want to keep a full-length, outdoor, skippered Jungle Cruise, but I'm all for upgrading some of the AA's, like the tiger or the bull elephant and his "mother-in-law", and making them more life-like and active. I also think that if there are any policies that are discouraging the skips from being creative (I don't know if there are or not) those policies should be changed or eliminated.
                "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                Disney sequel):
                Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Hmm, while I do think that having more room in Adventureland would be great, your idea simply won't work as you would have an outcry from Disney fans (Have you noticed the attention created by the announced changes of "iasw"?) and I honestly feel that Disney wouldn't want to deal with that type of media attention. Plus, the JC is still a popular ride and there is always a line, so I'm sure Disney (as am I) really sees no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

While it would be nice if Adventureland had more space, unfortuantely its in a hole it cannot really dig itself out of without some extensive demolishing.

I guess we have to suck it up for now.

In regards to the first post, I do agree that the JC could use some more "life-like" animals. Plus, I really wish Disney would add an indoor temple scene (as in WDW - maybe add a little length to the current DL river). Inside they could do some pretty cool things, mabye even connecting it to other parts of Adventureland (like have idols of Mara or something from Indiana next door).

It would add the extra bit of excitement I feel JC is lacking.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
                  FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
                  Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

Anyone that suggests monkeying with Jungle Cruise should be keelhauled under a JC boat and then replace the zebra in the AA lion cave as a permanent carcass.

nothing personal!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
                    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

Comment

I think DL's Jungle Cruise could use the dark temple portion on WDW's Jungle Cruise. That part gives the ride a bit more excitement and would allow a controlled, dark ride type of atmosphere...but no demolishing the Jungle Cruise please...
                      Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

First of all I love the idea of creating a new Jungle Cruise as a dark ride. I think the possibilities would be endless...

Perhaps this could be placed in a new park? Because the Disney purists are never going to let it happen at Disneyland!

But I love the creativity. It got my imagination flowing! I want to see it built! I want to be first in line!

We just have to find a new Disney resort to have it in...
                        Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
                        ~Walt Disney~

Comment

Okay a different approach, that should make everyone happy. Just bulldoze the front half of the Jungle Cruise leaving the back part untouched. Then get some new canoe type jungle boats where the guests paddle. Keep the skippers as the narrators. The ride will take about as long since it is paddle powered and the guests will be happy they didn't have to paddle the length of the old river.
                          That could be cool, though I don't know if I'm that keen on the canoe part. Maybe bulldoze the back part to put in a slightly smaller but entirely hidden show building, and then move the front part of the current attraction south so that there'd be more room for Adventureland itself. Then make the Jungle Cruise pass through the show building, which could be multi-level to save space and allow more of that Adventureland expansion you're going for. Best of both worlds, eh?

Now about the Adventureland one word thing! Who ever maintains this site should make the spell checker not put a red misspelling line under Adventureland "one word" which it does. This leads the spelling challenged to think Adventure Land two words is correct. So thanks Data Meister, I am preparing my next post about Mainstreetusa and would have been very embarrassed to repeat my Adventure Land "two word" error again.
                          Firstly, the spell checker has nothing to do with the site--your browser does that, and there's nothing the MiceChat webmaster(s) can do about that. And besides, you can't really trust it...I mean, it's already underlined "there'd" and "multi-" in my post so far. Whoever compiled the dictionary lists for Firefox (or whatever you're using) probably did not think of relatively obscure theme park terms, anyway.

Secondly...why are you replying like that? Come on, dude. Be cool. I made one simple, quick, non-insulting correction so that you'd know what the standard way of writing it was, just like I'd want you to do if it were the other way around. I even put a smiley in there to "soften the blow" as much as I could. I was not making fun of you, I was not trying to say that you're "spelling challenged", and I certainly was not hoping for a dramatic and sarcastic overreaction. Why are you taking this as such a deeply personal offense?

[EDIT: Returning to topic slightly, I like the Indy tie-in ideas, Malificent Fan. I mean, that's already sorta been done with the ruins near the start of the attraction, but more could be done. What I really wish was that Indy was somehow close to the end of the attraction, not the beginning--it could culminate in an "accidental" pass through a flooded area of the temple, including a near miss with Mara.]

Comment

However, they are no longer skippered by cast members as the new ride would not need to be narrated other than by recorded parts here and there. So basically, you are getting a better Jungle Cruise that will utilize less than half the space of the current ride. Think POC show building size and compare to the space of the current Jungle Cruise.
                            Interesting and ambitious concept - but I think the interaction between the skip and the boat passengers is one of the highlights of the attraction. I don't know that I would like a dark-ride jungle cruise - kind of defeats the idea of being in a realistic jungle - and I doubt that WDI would be able to come up with more than hi-def projection screens at this point.

I vote no - sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
                              Anyone that suggests monkeying with Jungle Cruise should be keelhauled under a JC boat and then replace the zebra in the AA lion cave as a permanent carcass.

nothing personal!
                              The WFJC has a long history of being 'monkey'ed with. I do agree that the WFJC and Tiki Room are the anchors (thematically) for Adventureland, and should not be removed or diminished.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X