This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Nintendo DS?

i was searching for recent pictures of the wait time board at disneyland to get an idea of the crowds on my next trip when i came across several articles describing a Nintendo DS add-on that gives wait times, maps and atm locations RIGHT ON THE DS! could someone explain this system for me in details and tell me if it is available at the Disneyland Resort?
    Thank you everybody!
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Re: Disneyland Nintendo DS?

want to read about this too.
    I have a DS and think it would cool to see a interactive map
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Google is your friend...
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I think that this technology was tested in the parks a few months back. I haven't heard much about it in a long time.
        Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

ok here are some of the links and articles that i found:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/21/d...ve-tour-guide/

this seemed like the best article i found:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/01/22/t...sney-ds-guide/

some more links:

http://brokehoedown.wordpress.com/20...ic-connection/

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/...-disney-g.html

found one more that (for me) was a real downer-not available til Spring 2009!
          http://www.mydisneyblog.com/my_weblo...-magic-co.html

i realize a lot of these articles are for WDW instead of DLR, but all the rumors around this sorta older news (january) overlap.
          “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Comment

I read those articles, and this looks really cool. Though, I hate to read that so far they only plan to let people rent units. :thumbdown I mean, I already own a DS lite and would gladly buy the software if they let me.

They should also make a free app for the iphone if they can. There's actually something already like that too.

Comment

^^^^^^^^
              couldn't agree more. me, my sister, and cousins have enough ds lites for our whole family on every trip, it would save a lot of money on renting one for each member. but maybe they are renting them out to have control over how many people have access to the app. i mean, if everybody with a ds was able to check ride wait times whenever they wanted to, it would turn into chaos! a 30 minute wait for splash mountain could turn into a 2 hour wait in a second!

Comment

DS has the download option so why not give the option at a park to download the software to get wait times. A scrollable map and maybe some info about the section you're in would be cool too. No need for a GPS enabled DS since the park has several landmarks to recognize where you are on the map.
                Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

This sounds like a great idea and to me it would be one of those things that would not ever end up being well known to everyone visiting the parks (like the many people who still dont know what fastpass is). I wish they would have a downloadable version for us (obviously to purchase) instead of rent, but I understand why they wouldnt want too many people having one at once.
                  i mean, if everybody with a ds was able to check ride wait times whenever they wanted to, it would turn into chaos! a 30 minute wait for splash mountain could turn into a 2 hour wait in a second!
                  i could definitely see this being a problem if the use of the DS became incredibly popular. But b/c I myself have a DS too, I still wish they would make it widely available.
                  www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

It would be awesome if u can communicate with other ds owners in ur family via the DS's Microphone. Like so u wont get lost.

Comment

I went to Safeco Field the home of the Seattle Mariners last weekend. Their majority owner is the Nintendo Corp. If you bring your Nintendo DS they have 2 download spots in the stadium. After you download you have access to several statistics, starting lineups, live video and replays, etc. Disney should set up something like that with queue times, parade times, anything that would be helpful.
                      sigpic

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
                        i live right by safeco!
                        me and some buddies should ride the train down there and take the nintendos to a game one day. if it turns out to be a pretty crummy game- atleast we'll have animal crossings!

Comment

The website www.twisney.com lets you communicate via your cell phone. It also allows people to post wait times for rides.

Comment

I sort of wanted to make an app like this for the apple family... Catch 22: don't have the money to get application developer...

Comment

Double Post!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X