Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Bringing little cousin to Disneyland...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing little cousin to Disneyland...

It's his first time to the original, real park. He lives in France and has been to Euro Disney, and well, he hates it. At first he didn't even want to come to the park in Anahiem, but when he showed some curiosity from the vmk game with the Matterhorn, I showed him the map of the park here, and he was in shock and wanted to go (he said basically Euro is about 1/4 of the size of Anahiem, not even). Anyhow, he is 10, and well I want him to have a good time. We have a limited amount of time in the park (10 am to 7 pm on a Sunday). I know he definitely has to go on Splash Mountain and Matterhorn, since they do not have that at Euro Disney. I also want him to see the Tiki Room (dunno if he'll appreciate it but he needs to have a dole whip).

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how to make the most out of the day with the time we have? Thanks!

Re: Bringing little cousin to Disneyland...

If he wants a $6.00 corndog, get it for him
    If he wants a mickey plush, buy it
    Try suggesting things and ask him what he wants to do, make it his day

Comment

I know someone posted a link on here of a website that would help you schedule your whole day at the park. However I don't remember the link maybe they'll help out and post it again!

Make sure you get your cousin some gold ears, a churro, and have a great time!

Comment

Don't forget Fantasmic! As a newbie to DL, he probably won't enjoy the fireworks as much as those of us who remember all the rides it references, so I say make Fantasmic! tht nighttime priority. He can still ooh and aah over the pyro of the fireworks from NOS, and he won't have to fight the sometime evening-ruining crowds on Main Street...
        Honor those who fall under the sword.
        But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

If you havnt yet but tell him the history of the park.Like who has been there and how it all got started and stuff.That should defintly pull him in
          :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

10 you say? - he will probably want to run amok on Tom Sawyers Island for a goodly length of time. If the canoes are up and running take him on those. They are uniquely American as well as a Lot of fun. Buzz LightYear Astro Blasters may catch his attention if he is at all a computer geek. If he's a 'younger' 10, he may want to see more of Fantasyland.
            I hope you Both enjoy his trip to the Mouse!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Walk up Main Street and when you get to the hub, turn left.
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I bet Sunday morning or Sunday night the park will be empty due to people going to church. around 12 or 1 it might start filling up, but I bet you will be able to do a lot of things. Tell him stories about Disneylands History and your fond memories to add to his excitement. Perhaps you can also hunt for hidden things through out the park.

Comment

You should let him ride Space Moutain and Indiana Jones, the are very diffrent than the ones in Paris.
                  Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

Indiana Jones, certainly. Our SM might be a big let down if you're uses to the one on Paris. I haven't been on the revised version in Paris yet, but the original beats both our original and our revised version without breaking a sweat...
                    Honor those who fall under the sword.
                    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Well, first things first. Brief your cousin with the fact that our Disneyland is physically smaller than the one in Paris. That way he won't be disappointed. But then tell him that it has a little more than twice the attractions.

I loved Disneyland Paris, because, if that park is allowed to really evolve like our home park has, it will be incredible(opening a second gate was just stupid, their first park wasn't complete).

Also, make sure as you walk it's paths you explain why certain things were done.

He won't understand why the paths are smaller, and forced perspective... but as others say, make it his day, and show him what his home park could be.

By the way, I love their Thunder Mountain...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X