This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Different Princess Costumes

I was just looking at some old photos of Disneyland's previous parade, Parade of the Stars. And I noticed this picture of Snow White, Aurora, & Cinderella with very different costumes on.

Very interesting. I love Aurora's!

Re: Different Princess Costumes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Aurora's! Her blouse is off the shoulder just like in the movie! I really wish Disney would get away from those awful, misshapen, loss fitting, one size fits all costumes they put those girls in. The princess should be good role models and show all those girls just how to work an off the shoulder gown!

Comment

From looking at her dress it's a combin of her Aurora dress and her Briar Rose dress pretty cool if I must say. I would love to see Brair Rose in the park as well Aurora's blue dress again.

Comment

What's interesting is that they went with a completely different color on Aurora that isn't even close to what she wears in the film. The style is very similar.

While I can see that Disney would like to be able to have a CM change makeup, dress,and wig if need be, it's more challenging with Aurora because she's taller than the other princesses. With Eyvind Earle's very vertical and angular background design of the film Sleeping Beauty, they had to make the characters fit the background, so Aurora became very tall and slender. You'll notice that both her peasant dress and princess gown in the film are more streamlined than the other princess dresses. All of them have some degree of poofiness to it, where Aurora's have none.

I wonder if they've gone to making the upswing of the blouse stand straight up (as well as made her crown taller) in an effort to make her appear taller.

Comment

*Sighs* true to the film yet completely independent artistically. Just beautiful.

Comment

Other then Luke's photo of Aurora is all the other dress Aurora has had that I could fine. Some of these pictures are my other are not.

If there is more I couldn't fine them but here is at less 7 different dress she has had from DLR and WDW

Comment

See this is what I'm talking about. One size fits all, except not.

ooo pretty! Was this taken in CA? The top was constructed vary well. This is an example of good costuming. IMHO of course...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                I presume this is the one she wears to this day when it's cold out?

Wow, that girl is purdy!

Love this costume!

Captain Hook, wanna post pictures of all the costumes the other Princesses wear?

Comment

WOW! I never knowest it until now. Look how red this Aurora's hands are.

Comment

Red dress, red hands.. it's a theme (it was probably cold out)... and yes she is very pretty.

Comment

I have always wondered why on earth Aurora's dress is purple in the Parade of Dreams. In the movie, it is a constant struggle of blue vs. pink. She NEVER wore purple.

Comment

To me purple is a compromise between the pink and the blue. I actually like it better than the pink because my overactive imagination has decided it's right in the middle of the duel over the color.

And the dress does appear purple for a total of one scene in the movie, which I only discovered after making some avatars for another site. You basically have to watch the first color change sequence when they're making the dress frame by frame to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                          I was just looking at some old photos of Disneyland's previous parade, Parade of the Stars. And I noticed this picture of Snow White, Aurora, & Cinderella with very different costumes on.

Very interesting. I love Aurora's!
                          I totally forgot about those costumes. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I can see one thing in this pic that catches my eye other than her dress...
                            Just kidding! Her dress is very pretty. I love the off-the-shoulder thing.

Comment

The red and pink combo... oy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X