This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Grand Californian?!

I was thinking about staying at the Grand Californian for one night for my 5 year anniversary. Turns out it costs more than I had thought imaginable! Two questions, is it worth almost 500 bucks for one night? And are there any deals AP, AAA, that I might not know about.
    Originally posted by Aristocat
    I miss David.
    Originally posted by Ginarella
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Re: Grand Californian?!

When is your anniversary? There are special promotions during the off season.

Comment

Try Orbitz.. We used them last week ( ended up NOT staying in G.C) but I saw it and P.P and The Disneyland Hotel on the site. Not super expensive but not cheap either .. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Why not just try calling the GCH and asking? 714-635-2300

Comment

AAA always has a bit of a lower price than Disney. It's not much right now, but could save you about $200 at least. I had looked at booking there through AAA, but with a family of four, we need at least 3 beds, and, because the entire party is too old, could not offer us bunk beds. What did they offer us instead for our 7 night stay? An extra pillow and sleeping bag...
          Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

I have been wanting to stay there for ever. I have not since the prices are so high. The lowest I have ever seen is 320.00 a night. I have also herd of calling the actual hotel because they might have some specials.
            Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
            Golly, what a day

Comment

That price is outrageous! You know for same price or maybe even a little less than that you can stay at a luxurious 4 or 5 diamond resort hotel along the Orange County coast. There are many to choose from. From southernmost to northernmost there is the Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, Surf and Sand in Laguna. In Newport Beach there is The Island Hotel or the Balboa Bay Club. And in Huntington Beach is the Waterfront Hilton or the Hyatt Regency. These are all within 20-30 minutes away, are all at least 4 diamonds, and are all the same price if not less than the GCH. I think the serice is better at these hotels too, it's cooler at the coast, and you're not crammed in there like a can of sardines.

Just my opinion though...

Comment

The Grand Californian is not worth the money if your not in a suite. The rooms are very tiny and are pathetic compared to the cheaper and much larger Disneyland Hotel rooms. I would suggest going to the Disneyland Hotel instead, and splurge with Concierge, likely the same price as a GCH room.

Comment

Yeah, it's pricey, I think Darkbeer said the average room rate recently exceeded $500 a night. I don't have any tips for cheaper rooms unfortunately though. What you suggest does make sense, if they have spare rooms you might be able to get a good deal if you call them directly. There are a few hotel CM's on MC that can probably give you some tips.
                  The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                    Why not just try calling the GCH and asking? 714-635-2300
                    I did call and after being on hold for 12 minutes, I came here. Thanks for the advice, I think I will look into the Disneyland Hotel or maybe the Hilton across the street.
                    Originally posted by Aristocat
                    I miss David.
                    Originally posted by Ginarella
                    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Anders and I have stayed at the GCH twice - The night he proposed to me :love: and for our wedding. Both times I was quite impressed with the level of service we received. I think it's definitely worth the money if you're celebrating a special occasion.
                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've stayed at the GCH twice and loved it both times (I also got a screaming deal each time) - you just can't beat the location!

But, to me a room is a room and if it's nice and clean, I'd go cheaper. You can have just as much fun at one of the other disney hotels -
                        sigpic
                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

If you are an AP there are AP rates available sometimes.

It is an absolutely fabulous hotel. I feel lucky I was able to stay there.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

we stayed there when we went in january and i loved it!! it might not be worth $500 a night but for a special occasion it might be! the theming of the hotel and its location are incredible! if you do end up staying there you will definately love it! but you should also look at the Disneyland Hotel because it too is very nice from what ive heard and it is cheaper

Comment

The most I paid was $189.00 (AP discount) and it was worth that. I would not spend $500.00 though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X