This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tiki Room & Stitch

I know most people aren't fans of the Stitch conversion in Disneyworld, but has anyone seen the Tokyo Disneyland version of the Tiki Room?

It has Stitch in the show, and it works. Does anyone else think that it might work in Disneyland's Tiki Room? I think it might add some life to the classic, but aging attraction. But it could be "just adding Disney characters" to the ride.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

Re: Tiki Room & Stitch

Originally posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!
    OH REALLY NOW?

Comment

I am against it in Disneyland. Let Tokyo's be unique.

Comment

I'm against it. I love Stitch and I might like to see him somewhere in DL (and that little buggy they drive around in in the series or the red spaceship would make great ride vehicles) but leave Walt's Tiki Room and Disneyland's few other remaining non-character-tied attractions alone!
        "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
        Disney sequel):
        Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
        Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
        Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
        Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
        Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

My thoughts on this are: Stitch the character is a revolting, booger-ingesting alien abomination whose only redeeming quality is that he's the color blue, though that still doesn't prevent me from loathing him with my entire being; it absolutely shocks and astounds me that people're actually fond of this hideously overmarketed eyesore; and I'd rather see the Tiki Room nuked from orbit and then ****ed on by evil alien overlords than EVER have to sit through a Tiki Room performance that's been barbarously penetrated by the unholy and tainted presence of that abhorrent blue alien invader.

My emotions on this are: NO.
          NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          and
          NO.

You know, I'm actually a very calm person.

Edited to add: I HATE STITCH.

Because, you know, I don't think I made that anywhere NEAR clear enough.

Comment

Stitch. In Disneyland's Tiki Room?!

NO!!!

Comment

I'm against changing the DL Tiki room but wouldn't mind seeing the WDW one converted to the Stitch show.

Couldn't be any worse then it already is with Iago.
              Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
              1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
              1990, 1992, 1993
              2006, 2007, 2009
              2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
              2000, 2001

Comment

uh? no. lilo and stich was cute, but all subsequent sequels and tv shows and ride alterations have made me hate the character forever.
                and i'm all for each park having their own unique version. got no problems with that.
                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Lady View Post
                  My thoughts on this are: Stitch the character is a revolting, booger-ingesting alien abomination whose only redeeming quality is that he's the color blue, though that still doesn't prevent me from loathing him with my entire being; it absolutely shocks and astounds me that people're actually fond of this hideously overmarketed eyesore; and I'd rather see the Tiki Room nuked from orbit and then ****ed on by evil alien overlords than EVER have to sit through a Tiki Room performance that's been barbarously penetrated by the unholy and tainted presence of that abhorrent blue alien invader.

My emotions on this are: NO.
                  NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                  and
                  NO.

You know, I'm actually a very calm person.

Edited to add: I HATE STITCH.

Because, you know, I don't think I made that anywhere NEAR clear enough.
                  What she said!

Comment

well i LIKE stitch but would want to leave DL's tikis as the museum piece. i hate cloning attractions across theme parks more than anything else.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                      uh? no. lilo and stich was cute, but all subsequent sequels and tv shows and ride alterations have made me hate the character forever.
                      and i'm all for each park having their own unique version. got no problems with that.
                      Ditto, Stich was cute but they've pimped him into every square inch possible on TV and int he parks and I could personally do without
                      It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

Stitch is my favorite Disney character. The Enchanted Tiki Room is one of my favorite attractions in Disneyland. If they were to somehow manage to do this, I think I would

THROW UP!!!

Leave the Tiki Room alone, or the gods will indeed be angry. VERY angry. (well they did ask for my opinion )

Comment

Since The Walt Disney Co. doesnt own Tokyo Disney its okay, let them do what they want. Leave our park alone
                          "If you knew this was your last day on Earth, how would you wanna spend it?" Grey's Anatomy- Dr. Grey
                          Guest asked me where she could find the missing Mickey.

Kicked some serious beaver butt!

Comment

No

Comment

hahaha I'll go against the tidal waves of No's and say Sure!

I said it earlier, but since this actually ties in with the topic, I don't like the fact that the Tiki Room has not been changed, improved or plussed in the decades its been standing. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, etc have all been plussed throughout the years, yet Tiki Room is maintained like some museum piece. I think we owe it to the legacy of Walt to continue to imagine and reimagine the posibilities for the birds and that space.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X