Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Has this ever happened to you?

Or am I a idiot! Last time we were at the park we were in toontown...don't say it we have three grandkids! anyway the three kids were dressed alike and playing on the boxes that make noise as you open them. They were laughing and having a wonderful time. I saw a man starting to take pictures of the kids and I headed over (insert very over protective grandma here) he had on a hanging badge and he showed me a park ID card. He said he is hired to shoot kids inside the park for flyers, ads, etc. He said he was just getting a shot to see how they looked in it before he came and had us sign a waiver for the photos.

I read the paperwork and it all sounded on the up and up. We signed it and he shot the kids playing for about 1/2 hour. Then when he was done he pulled out some vintage pins one for each grandchild. Now I am thinking...ok I am over 50 and it takes awhile...was he for real? I have never seen anything here on the chat about something like this happening. He was dressed very well, had all the ID needed, cast members were going back and forth and no one ever said anything. So did I mess up????

Dark Beer maybe you have knowledge of this????
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Re: Has this ever happened to you?

I've never seen this happen, or even heard of it - hopefully it's not a scam of some sort.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It means very little, but I have never heard of anything like that.
      Originally posted by Aristocat
      I miss David.
      Originally posted by Ginarella
      All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

That seems weird to me, too. I'd think that they would approach you first to make sure it was okay with you, and it is surprising that you would be able to sign the waivers as the grandparents and not "guardians."
        A signature should go here.

Comment

I'd call Disney directly and ask. If this isn't a Disney sponsered thing, I'd file a police report and I bet Disney would be happy to help you out.

Comment

Sounds kinda fishy.... I would double check with City Hall!
            Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

I have never herd of this either. I go to Disneyland all the time and I have never seen anyone doing that. Although I do not have kids and I never ever go into Toontown. Hopefully someone has seen this before. I'm sure it's not a scam.
              Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
              Golly, what a day

Comment

It seems kind of redundant to sign a waiver when Disneyland already holds the right to use any likeness of a guest when you enter the park. This is printed on the back of park tickets.
                Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

Something about this story just doesn't add up. I don't care how professional this guy looks, or what credentials he presented. And he should not have been taking pictures beforehand.

I'll bet anything that this guy was not legitimate. Be careful there, and thanks for the heads up. I'll be watchful of this in the future whenever I go to the parks with my son.

Comment

I had that happen to me at the University of Kansas with my brother and I during graduation. I believe that it is true so I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I agree with everybody else. Something just doesn't sound right about this.

Granted, when you enter Disneyland you are pretty much giving away your right to privacy, and Disney can use your image for TV shows, commercials, etc that they are filiming the day you are there. But generally they will have signs in the area letting you know it's possible that you'll be on film.

Comment

I agree, call City Hall and then let us know. I'n curious.
                        To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

Sounds fishy to me, though I probably would have been initially convinced. I, too, am curious to hear what comes of all this.

Comment

From what I've been told, Disney uses CM's and their families in their promo material.

Comment

Why does everyone see evil everywhere they look?

A) It was an actual photographer

B) It was a sicko/pedophile/scammer

Hummm.... Which is more probable?

While there is certainly real evil in the world, it is not hiding behind every single tree.
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X