Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

I was shocked and a little bummed myself.
    It will be missed.
    72.34%
    I never shopped there.
    21.28%
    I never noticed the place.
    6.38%

Micenation

Re: How do you feel about The New Century Timepieces Closing?

It is a major disappointment, but we are selling watches now at the Emporium (At the registers over by the pin section) and in the jewelry shop.

Comment

What are they replacing it with? I haven't heard this before...

Comment

it will be replaced with a Fortuosity Shoppe. they will sell eclectic offering of accessories, apparel & gift items.

Micenation

Comment

lame. There goes another unique shop.

Comment

Although I never bought anything in there....I loved walking around and looking at everything.

sad

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
              it will be replaced with a Fortuosity Shoppe. they will sell eclectic offering of accessories, apparel & gift items.
              One of the many things that makes Disneyland so wonderful is the little specialized stores they have. In another post, someone was asking for specific shops to sell specific character merchandise. To me, that sounds like a great idea. However, with New Century Timepieces closing, it seems like Disney is going in the opposite direction. Soon, all the stores are going to look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GusGus View Post
                Soon, all the stores are going to look the same.
                Welcome to WDW.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                  SOOOOOOO, instead of having one specific area that carries all watches, clocks, ect, they are just going to take the watches out, and make it more of a disorganized extended portion of the emporium?

UGGGGG, the emporium is already too big of a mess the way it's organized DISorgarnized already! THEY NEED to keep things organized, and by having different "shops" with different merchandise, makes it easier to find the type of merchandise your looking for.

At the same time, it give the charm that Main Street NEEDS to maintain!
                  Magic Shop, Music shop, Crystal Shop, Ice Cream shop, etc. Keep the unique stores on Main!

Whose brain thought of this idea ~ if its the practically useless president of Disneyland, maybe it's time for a replacement.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    SOOOOOOO, instead of having one specific area that carries all watches, clocks, ect, they are just going to take the watches out, and make it more of a disorganized extended portion of the emporium?

UGGGGG, the emporium is already too big of a mess the way it's organized DISorgarnized already! THEY NEED to keep things organized, and by having different "shops" with different merchandise, makes it easier to find the type of merchandise your looking for.

At the same time, it give the charm that Main Street NEEDS to maintain!
                    Magic Shop, Music shop, Crystal Shop, Ice Cream shop, etc. Keep the unique stores on Main!

Whose brain thought of this idea ~ if its the practically useless president of Disneyland, maybe it's time for a replacement.
                    Possibly makes it easier for some people, but when you try to explain to people that this shop here and that shop there are all the way down the street, people get quite upset and take it out on us. I know what you mean though about the uniqueness of each shop, but the Emporium is actuallya very organized shop. With our plush and toys in one section, shirts and hats in another etc. etc.

Comment

can I just say, I LOVE THE NEW NAME!

Comment

Will they still have the custom watch design area there?

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                          Possibly makes it easier for some people, but when you try to explain to people that this shop here and that shop there are all the way down the street, people get quite upset and take it out on us. I know what you mean though about the uniqueness of each shop, but the Emporium is actuallya very organized shop. With our plush and toys in one section, shirts and hats in another etc. etc.
                          Okay seriously, people are coming to Disneyland and expecting NOT to have to walk? This attitude seems to tie in with why IASW had to be refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by GusGus View Post
                            Okay seriously, people are coming to Disneyland and expecting NOT to have to walk? This attitude seems to tie in with why IASW had to be refurbished.
                            of course they are expecting to walk, but by the end of the night everyone is so drained and tired they are not willing to put in the extra effort to walk the extra 100 steps or so to get what they want. Everyone is expecting us to have what they want and when we don't. We're the ones who get yelled at for not having it in stock. and the attitude has NOTHING to tie in with the refurb of small world. I haven't made any critism's about the changes. I was just saying to Aladdin that the shop is organized. I don't see how it had anything to do with a ISAW attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                              of course they are expecting to walk, but by the end of the night everyone is so drained and tired they are not willing to put in the extra effort to walk the extra 100 steps or so to get what they want. Everyone is expecting us to have what they want and when we don't. We're the ones who get yelled at for not having it in stock. and the attitude has NOTHING to tie in with the refurb of small world.
                              I'm sorry Kritter- I didn't mean to upset you. What I meant was that the unwillingness of people to walk a hundred extra steps ties into the fact that people are inactive and at times, overweight and some of those overweight people sink boats at IASW (hence the refurb). I'm sorry people yell at you. However, it makes me sad that some of the magic of the park is being lost. If this is indeed why the store is closing, it sucks for those of us who don't mind walking a few extra steps to get what we want.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X