This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Resort Earthquake Operations update - 6 PM 7/29

Currently most attractions are back up and running...

Some major updates.

Monorail - Still closed, and expected to remain closed for the rest of the evening, pending inspection of the entire track.

Indiana Jones Adventure - Another atraction that will remain closed for the rest of the day, hopefully will reopen omorrow morning.

Maliboomer - Closed the rest of the day, waiting for inspection in the early morning. Hopefully at least 2 towers will be available Wednesday.

GRR- Just reopened, originally was going to be one of the attractions not opening at all today after the earthquake.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Disneyland Resort Earthquake Operations update - 6 PM 7/29

Thanks Darkbeer!

Comment

Thanks Darkbeer. I really appreciate hearing this from a reliable source. Have you heard anything on the Matterhorn? Someone said it was closed because of two cracks in the structure.
      Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

Thanks for the update DB!

Comment

Good to know

Comment

I didn't walk by the Matterhorn, I am here at the Lost Bar right now.

I had 3 and 4 PM press conferences in DtD, and then entered the parks to check out the situation....

I will try and walk by the Matterhorn on my way home to see what I can find out....
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

THANKS DARKBEAR! I don't expect any structural damage, It was only a 5.4 quake, but It's great to hear about the inspections.

Comment

Great update Darkbeer!
                Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

thanks for the update
                  "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Matterhorn has been up since around 1430. Not much damage for a 49 year old ride but engineering approved the ride to run.

Comment

Thanks bobsledbob!
                      Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

thanks for the updates! this has been a very interesting day..

Currently obsessed with Grumpy Cat, pro wrestling, and Disney.
                        Been to Disneyland more times then I can count...
                        Lover of Dole Whips and Bengal BBQ
                        Massive wrestling fan.. have Undertaker & Edge's logos tattooed on my shoulders

Comment

ToT is also down for the remainder of the day, at least that's what I heard when I was walking down Main St. today...

Comment

I just talked to Darkbeer. The Monorail is up and running two trains as of 7:45 this evening. The Matterhorn is up and running on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                              I didn't walk by the Matterhorn, I am here at the Lost Bar right now.

I had 3 and 4 PM press conferences in DtD, and then entered the parks to check out the situation....

I will try and walk by the Matterhorn on my way home to see what I can find out....
                              I heard there are cracks in the Matterhorn.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X