Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

    Well, with the November and December hours of operation now released, it is clear that DCA will not host the Christmas Parade or other traditional Disneyland events with its normal 6 PM closing on weekdays.

    So it will be interesting to see how they schedule the parades at DL for the Christmas season.... AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  • #2
    Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

    All I can say is that without the Christmas fireworks, I won't be in the park that often over the Holidays. We used to go once or twice a week...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

      Originally posted by Darkbeer
      AL Lutz has stated that Disney was thinking of offering up to 4 parades a day (2 Parade of Dreams and 1 or 2 Christmas Parades).
      Ah yes, a return to the way Disneyland was 10 years ago. Now if we could only get the Main Street Electrical Parade back, we'd be at the same level of entertainment we were at in 1995.

      I still remember a joke from The Simpsons long long ago, they were visiting "Itchy and Scratchy Land", a clear take on Disneyland and they were watching an Electrical Parade style parade when Homer says, "C'mon guys, if we miss the 12:00 parade we'll have to wait for the 12:15 parade." I don't think today's kids would get the reference but Disneyland really did used to have a parade starting every couple hours back then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

        it's certainly doable...just have the PoD at 11 am and 1 pm and then Christmas Fantasy at 3 and 7 pm. The only way it would cause a mess is if they started having parades in closer to the time of Remember. Another option would be to have the PoD at 11 am and 3 pm and Christmas Fantasy at 1 and 7 pm...I actually kinda like that way better.
        -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
        I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

          Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
          it's certainly doable...just have the PoD at 11 am and 1 pm and then Christmas Fantasy at 3 and 7 pm. The only way it would cause a mess is if they started having parades in closer to the time of Remember. Another option would be to have the PoD at 11 am and 3 pm and Christmas Fantasy at 1 and 7 pm...I actually kinda like that way better.

          Alas, the second way wouldn't work, due to the fact there is limited space for the floats in the staging area behind the Opera House on Main Street.

          You would have to have the floats go back to the area near TDA before you could have a second parade start.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

            Originally posted by Athlonacon
            Ah yes, a return to the way Disneyland was 10 years ago. Now if we could only get the Main Street Electrical Parade back, we'd be at the same level of entertainment we were at in 1995.

            I still remember a joke from The Simpsons long long ago, they were visiting "Itchy and Scratchy Land", a clear take on Disneyland and they were watching an Electrical Parade style parade when Homer says, "C'mon guys, if we miss the 12:00 parade we'll have to wait for the 12:15 parade." I don't think today's kids would get the reference but Disneyland really did used to have a parade starting every couple hours back then.
            maybe but too many parades can get annoying for those of us who like crossing the park back and forth to see everything

            I was thinking that spreading out the offerings would make it easier to balance out a multiday stay at the resort


            oh well I suppose

            I just hope they manage to balance these offerings right

            I also hope that they find more ways to add more to the resort in general as time goes on (I really enjoy staying multiple days since I can only go once a year)
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

              The last I heard:

              on said "one-parade days" during this time (Mon-Thurs in November), it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 1 Christmas Fantasy Parade at night.

              on said "two-parade days" (Fri-Sun, and then daily starting 3rd week of December or so) it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 2 Christmas Fantasy parades at night.

              But yea, it MAY still be the FOUR parade idea. still up in the air.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                what about the Electrical Parade ? it will be down for Xmas or not ?
                HKDL : Done !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                  the electrical parade will be down from what I have heard
                  The earth is round.... or so i've found.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                    Originally posted by GeneralShang
                    The last I heard:

                    on said "one-parade days" during this time (Mon-Thurs in November), it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 1 Christmas Fantasy Parade at night.

                    on said "two-parade days" (Fri-Sun, and then daily starting 3rd week of December or so) it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 2 Christmas Fantasy parades at night.
                    Bummer. I was really hoping that the PoD would be at nighttime- from what I've seen in videos, the lighting seems fantastic, and if it is during the day we will miss that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                      That's just what I was thinking. PoD is much better in the evening/night. I especially like the lighting on the first and last floats, in the windows of the Main Street station (color wheel) and the castle (flicker).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                        Originally posted by GeneralShang
                        The last I heard:

                        on said "one-parade days" during this time (Mon-Thurs in November), it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 1 Christmas Fantasy Parade at night.

                        on said "two-parade days" (Fri-Sun, and then daily starting 3rd week of December or so) it will be 1 Parade of Dreams in the day and 2 Christmas Fantasy parades at night.

                        But yea, it MAY still be the FOUR parade idea. still up in the air.
                        This doesn't make sense!!!!!

                        The Main Street backstage area doesn't have enough room for two sets of floats.... :blink:

                        They are going to have to offer two parades of the "first" parade of the day just to get the floats back to the iasw/TDA area.....
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                          Or a parade could start from main street -> iasw, then a different parade from iasw-> main street, then again main street -> iasw, then the first parade iasw-> main street.

                          and on the 3 parade days it could just be 1 from main street -> iasw, different one from iasw -> main street and then main street -> iasw and they could reset the first one to main street after hours

                          (didn't we learn this on mr. wizard with the fox the chicken and the seed or something? )

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                            Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                            it's certainly doable...just have the PoD at 11 am and 1 pm and then Christmas Fantasy at 3 and 7 pm. The only way it would cause a mess is if they started having parades in closer to the time of Remember. Another option would be to have the PoD at 11 am and 3 pm and Christmas Fantasy at 1 and 7 pm...I actually kinda like that way better.
                            Geez, how much of a Scrooge am I? I hate parades...even Disney ones! I'll be on Indiana Jones while everyone else is crowding along the sidewalks! :ap:

                            Unless of course, it's closed for refurbishing the week we're going. Guess I'd better go see if that schedule is out! :beg:
                            If Jimmy cracked corn and no one cared, why did they write a song about it?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Christmas events will be held at Disneyland, not DCA

                              Gee, I guess that means Disneyland will not be having any type of Christmas stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre! DARN!!! :bang:

                              If I'm lucky, maybe they'll have a Christmas stage show (somewhere) over at DCA. Like maybe where DUH is now. Bring back Minnie's Christmas Party over there, that would be great! :ap:
                              Love Is An Open Door
                              :love:


                              http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X