X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] UNconfirmed rumor - HISTA to close after Labor Day

Anybody have any further info?

I know that Disney is seriously looking at cutting back CM hours.

The Fantasmic refurb, as well the Aladdin refurbs are timed to maximize the labor savbings with their return dates.

They have done it in the past with the Electrical Parade.

Is this a "Forever" closing, or is it just a savings in labor for the off-season, IF it is true...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: UNconfirmed rumor - HISTA to close after Labor Day

I honestly think they're just refurbishing it. HISTA is always breaking down AND the roof needs work.

Comment

Oh gosh I hope it's now on it's way out! :beg:

Comment

It doesn't belong in Disneyland. Even the 3Dness of it needs some work.

Comment

Hopefully if it closes permanently, it isn't left for dead for half a decade. I'm hoping Tr2n does boffo so we can get something with Tron in to replace HISTA.

Comment

I think I'm the only one that likes HISTA....nope just kidding
            Probably just some refurbs
            "You are watching FOX"

Comment

If there is any truth in the rumor that the Imagination Institute at EPCOT Center will be closing soon for another redo, this would make sense. The new Imagination Pavillion is said to have a new film. It'd make sense to change both films instead of making Disneyland wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
                I honestly think they're just refurbishing it. HISTA is always breaking down AND the roof needs work.
                True, the roof is in need of work. Ever time it rains, the roof leaks, which makes the floor wet and slippery. They end of roping off the aisle. Eventhoug HISTA is my home attraction, it needs a new show in it's place.

Comment

interesting info Darkbeer.

I do know that HISTA is expected to be replaced soon. Tony has plans for that area of the Tomorrowland, not sure though if this is it for the attraction or if it is just temporary.

Although if they are still hoping to have something in that land to open sometime during both parks annivery celebrations then it is about time that they start on something soon.

Comment

Ahh, but will the new attraction have a loop?
                    sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                    Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, I was totally disappointed with the show this past July. The mice effect didn't work for me or my kids, but it did for my wife. The dog sneeze didn't work for me or my wife either. I was really jazzed about my kids experiencing this show for the first time because my wife and I LOVED it when we first saw it in '95. I do think they need to do a different show now. Not too many younger people really know the movie this is attraction is based on. Let's move on to something new! A WALL-E show?

Comment

Please let it be gone forever and let something new and exciting take its place!

Comment

I wish HISTA can be gone forever but what makes it's replacement more better?
                          "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Originally posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
                            Yeah, I was totally disappointed with the show this past July. The mice effect didn't work for me or my kids, but it did for my wife. The dog sneeze didn't work for me or my wife either. I was really jazzed about my kids experiencing this show for the first time because my wife and I LOVED it when we first saw it in '95. I do think they need to do a different show now. Not too many younger people really know the movie this is attraction is based on. Let's move on to something new! A WALL-E show?

How young is young? I'm seventeen, and I know a ten year old and a thirteen year old, and they both know the movie this is based off of. Given, we've only seen 'Honey We Shrunk Ourselves', but we still know.

Anyway, I'm not sure what would go into that building. I can't do 3-D movies anyway, my glasses always get in the way and it never works right for me. But I sure would like a new movie since this one is a bit outdated. I just don't know what could go there. Unless they redo the seats, maybe. To have the new movie go along with movements and stuff, I mean.
                            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Odd, I was just listening to the HISTA wait loop on the radio when I came upon this thread.

Sign of things to come or go, I hope so!
                              MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                              (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X