This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Auctions of ride vehicles

So, in my email box was the latest Disney Insider Spam, and it had a like to Disney Auctions....

Yes, yes, I've known they're auctioning off old ride vehicles and such... But $5000+ for a Space Mt. car, and $3000+ for a skyway car? $500+ for a pallet sized single letter of the old "Disneyland" that used to be above the gate?

Who buys this stuff? What in the heck would you do with it????

I would use the space moutian car as a chair in my living room, the sky way car in my dining room and a giant letter from the word disneyland would look great as wall decor.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

I'd turn the Space car into a bed for a kid, or maybe into a couch.

The letter I have no idea what to do with.
      www.deliciousmayhem.net
      www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Wasn't there a rumor several years ago that John Stamos had bought the Disneyland sign? Did anybody else hear that?
        "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

Comment

Originally posted by rihard2000
          Wasn't there a rumor several years ago that John Stamos had bought the Disneyland sign? Did anybody else hear that?
          Yeah I've heard that as well! I thought it was true... according to an article I read he paid $30,700 for it!

Comment

You could convert the skyway car into a small love seat or something. or put mount a pain of glass on the SM car to make a sort of big coffee table.

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
              I would use the space moutian car as a chair in my living room, the sky way car in my dining room and a giant letter from the word disneyland would look great as wall decor.
              You would have to have pretty large walls as thoughs letters were 14 feet tall!

I think the sky way car would make a cool backyard decoration. Plant lots of flowers around it and just use it as a sitting area in the same way you'd use a gazebo.

Comment

I think it is absolutely absurd that people are paying that kind of money for an attraction vehicle. But then, I guess if you have that kind of money and nothing better to do with it, good for you then!

Comment

I would totally use a skyway and people mover car as kiddie picnic tables

Comment

I could use that skyway thing as a martini bar!!

What I really want is a Doombuggy or a Pirate Boat.
                    :::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::: :monkey: ::::
                    johnny depp, animated at last!!

Comment

Well obviously a person obsessed with Disney (like me) and someone with money to burn (not me...I want to retire soon) would buy this stuff. I believe if I have no use for it why buy it.
                      The cemetery of the victims of human cruelty in our century is extended to include yet another vast cemetery, that of the unborn."

--Pope John Paul II

Comment

Originally posted by rihard2000
                        that's not a rumor...it's 100% fact.
                        -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                        -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                        --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X