This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Early entry

We are headed over to DL from toasty Phoenix on Sunday. We bought park hoppers since our APs expired. We will be upgrading our tickets to deluxe ap's but I want to take advantage of early entry before I do that. My understanding is the current schedule of EE days is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this correct? I was hoping they still had this on Monday, our first day in the parks so we could upgrade right away and take advantage of the AP discounts that afternoon.

Another question...We don't normally do DCA at opening time, but I think we may try it this trip to get to Toy Story Mania. What is the quickest way to the line?

Thanks for the help
    :ap: I'd rather be at Disneyland!

Re: Early entry

Quickest way to the TSMM line would be to go through the entrance, veer right (not a sharp right) on the large path between the back of GRR and Tough to be a bug. Keep on that road until you get to the bridge to Screamin' on the left. Cross the bridge and hang a right at Screamin', and there's TSMM.

Follow the red line. "X" marks the spot.
    Last edited by dlandjimmy; 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Sad to say, but I sometimes still get mixed up in DCA about which way to get places. :blush:

Comment

When we went last week, they had a line set up near the entrance to Grizzy Rapids at 9:45 or so. They walked that line over to TSMM before they opened the park. We were already there when the people ran over from the other side. I don't think they do it this way all of the time, but you might want to get in as soon as the front gates open and check.

Comment

They do it this way all the time. Guests will often wait outside of DCA's gates by 9 o'clock to be at the front of the line when the gates open at 9:30 - this is when the TSMM line begins to form

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
          Flying through the stars just like
          Peter Pan
          I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
          Disneyland...
          -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Comment

First off Magic Mornings (Early Entry) is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

As for Toy Story Mania!, believe it or not, the LONGEST waits are first thing in the morning, in the afternoon, the line has been around a 30 minute wait, less than getting into the DCA turnstile queue before 9:30 AM.

This is very similar to Fnding Nemo, many folks head there first.

If I was getting to DCA at opening, I would head staright to Soarin' (It opens at 9:30 AM), then get a GRR Fastpass on a hot day, then off to Tower of Terror.

Then in the afternoon, get a Screamin' Fastpass, get into line for Toy Story Mania! and then your Screamin" FP's should be valid, or close to it.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

We rode TSMM at about 3:00 or 4:00 on Sunday and it was about a 30 minute wait.

The Sunday before, at park opening the line was over an hour, but everything else was a walk-on.

Comment

Yeah, everybody has the same mindset of going to TSMM first, it's better to do what Darkbeer says.

Comment

I would say wait a little bit later in the day until the line dies down.

Comment

You know, I'm looking at your avatar, and I'm pretty sure you aren't my mom...

J/K...

:lol:
                    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

We were there Monday morning and some of the Zonies took off for it first thing when DCA opened. The slower moving Zonies got there around 10:45ish and they had just started letting people into the queue and were saying that they were having technical difficulties so no one was riding, we went on Screamin and when we came back by it was still not going.

Take it from a fellow Zonie and others here, go later in the day or even in the evening as the indoor portion of the queue does not have adequate ventilation and gets very warm and muggy.

Have fun and thank goodness you're not JustJohn's mom
                      sigpic

Comment

This Zonie can handle the hot but not so much the humid. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will do TSMM later in the day. I guess we'll do EE on Tuesday and then tade in the tickets for passes. I am so excited as we had to cancel out last planned trip and the one before, I spent most of it in the hotel with a very ill child. I need a Disneyland break!!

Comment

That's it, mister, you are grounded )

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                            You know, I'm looking at your avatar, and I'm pretty sure you aren't my mom...

J/K...

:lol:

Comment

What hotel are you staying at... If you are staying on property than you might as well get your AP sooner rather than later because you can get the EE every day that it is offered for being an on property hotel guest...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X