This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Thursday - Let's talk about Mountains

So which Disneyland Mountain is your favorite.?

Mine is Splash Mountain. I don't do roller coasters. Basically they scare me. I wasn't able to ride Splash Mountain, until I saw it on the Travel Channel. They had lengthy footage of it. I had it on video, and kept watching the part where they went down the drop. I said, I can do that and I did. THe first Splash Mountin I rode, was actually at WDW. I rode Splash Mountain at Disneyland, when I was there for the Anniversary. I just love that ride. It is just thrilling enough for me, the big chicken.

I count four mountains. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and of course the Matterhorn.

I really enjoyed watching Mickey climb the Matterhorn. I often wonder why the Matterhorn was built in Fantasyland? Does anyone know that?

Let's talk about the Mountains.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Disneyland Thursday - Let's talk about Mountains

Oh this is a hard question......

I think the Matterhorn due to the fact I can see it when driving not tha t I drive anymore but, it does makes me think of the park from a far.
    :crazylegs

Comment

Well, seeing as the castle was based on a Bavarian castle, and the Alps are partially in Bavaria ..... and most of the Fantasyland rides are themed to Euro-centric stories ..... makes sense to me ........

Anyone notice that the Matterhorn did not sink when they drained the sub lagoon? )

Splash is my favorite ride .......

Big Thunder is better at night ...........

Without employing special breathing techniques (in thru nose, out thru mouth), Space would make me HURL! :yuck: But I keep riding it ........
      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

BTMRR all the way, i love the ride and its one of the best rides at DL and the goat makes me laugh everytime.
        :ap:
        Come to the dark side,
        we have cookies.

Comment

The matterhorn would be my fave in terms of the ride inside.

Space Mountain is my fave in terms of night lighting.
          Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

I love Splash Mountain at night. I like the ambience of it. I always like it when the fireworks are going off and you get a glimpse of it right before you go past sleeping Brer Bear. Space Mountain will always be my favorite for indoor coaster. Cannnot wait for Rockit Moutain! :ap:
            Last edited by Alchimedes; 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM. Reason: Typo
            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I love these threads - good job Barbaraann! :bow:

Ours is probably Matterhorn - mainly because it is unique to DL and is themed extremely well. Wish the coaster was a little less bumpy, but it is a great ride nonetheless and one of our faves.
              "Search the boat...."
              First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
              There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
              - visit the MiceChat store
              - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
              Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

oh I love Big thunder, and I love splash! but I really love the roller coaster! I was never able to do coasters, never and told my self never in this life time. But I was so amazed when I decided to do it one time ( to say I did one LOL! ) and california screaming was so easy, smooth and so fun I had to do it 3 times in a row! Oh man, I am so goin g to ride that ride til I drop when I go back in April!
                But back to mountains ( we have so many here and around my home I love big thunder the best, its awsome!!

Good thread Barbaraan !!

Comment

Last night my group and I made it a point to ride on all the mountains....and I think Space Mountain will always be my favorite, with the Matterhorn a close second. Too many good memories on both rides. :-)

Comment

Matterhorn is probably my favorite, followed closely by Space Mountain and Splash. Actually, I love all the mountains.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

My favorite is Space Mountain! I haven't been able to ride it yet since the rehab, but I am dying to!!! )

Comment

Hard to choose...As much as I love Space Mountain, I'd have to pick the Matterhorn.
                        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Matterhorn, When you see it from I-5, you know you have arrived!
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I just love the Matterhorn. I think I've photographed it pretty much from all sides at this point.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

you know I forgot space mountain!! I have never been on it, in fact have only gotten to go to disneyland 2 times so far, but I am heading off to disneyland in April again and am looking so forward to riding space! I do not knowwhat it is, is it a coaster or a flat ride? but what ever it is I am so happy to be going agan and riding them all

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X