Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Average Disneyland Visitor Blunders!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Your Average Disneyland Visitor Blunders!

While at Disneyland last weekend, I was walking through Tomorrowland and overheard a piece of conversation between two people walking nearby. One was a college age blonde, the other was an older woman.

Blonde : Did you know that the Matterhorn in Florida is the tallest mountain in Florida?
    Oldsies: Really?
    Blonde: Yeah. It's because there are no mountains in Florida.

I was SO close to just butting in and setting them straight, but I was laughing too hard. The funniest part was the blonde sounded sure about it. Like it was veritable fact.

Anyway, just had to share. Anyone else have classic lines heard from other DL guests?
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

Re: Your Average Disneyland Visitor Blunders!

) Nice.

My favorite is the 96.3% of the Earth's population that believes Disneyland has an underground Utilidor system. They'll defend that belief with amazing gusto.

Comment

I was at the hub, relaxing and people watching while I waited for the rest of the family to join me and heard a dad proudly tell his two kids "There's where Mickey Mouse lives!" as he pointed at the castle. The kids seemed impressed with dad's knowledge of the park and asked which tower of the castle was Mickey's and dad dutifully pointed at one tower and said "that one". The younger of the two boys then said "so does Minnie live in that one?" pointing at a tower opposite side of "Mickey's" and dad confidently said, yes."

They then wandered out of the hub and through the castle gates. I sat there amused and was tempted to follow this family around because I was just dying to hear his explanation when they got to toontown and found Mickey and Minnie's houses.

Edit: BTW, welcome to Micechat Wavy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        ) Nice.

My favorite is the 96.3% of the Earth's population that believes Disneyland has an underground Utilidor system. They'll defend that belief with amazing gusto.
        They are there damn it!! Tunnels for miles I tell ya!! And a secret vault under the castle.

Comment

^^^

Hahahaaaa!!
          <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

"Soaring"?! C'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
              I was at the hub, relaxing and people watching while I waited for the rest of the family to join me and heard a dad proudly tell his two kids "There's where Mickey Mouse lives!" as he pointed at the castle. The kids seemed impressed with dad's knowledge of the park and asked which tower of the castle was Mickey's and dad dutifully pointed at one tower and said "that one". The younger of the two boys then said "so does Minnie live in that one?" pointing at a tower opposite side of "Mickey's" and dad confidently said, yes."

They then wandered out of the hub and through the castle gates. I sat there amused and was tempted to follow this family around because I was just dying to hear his explanation when they got to toontown and found Mickey and Minnie's houses.

Edit: BTW, welcome to Micechat Wavy!!
              Haha, that's a good one! :lol: And thanks!
              "I can stand the sight of worms,
              and look at microscopic germs,
              but technicolor pachyderms
              are really too much for me."

Comment

Aside from the tunnels I also find that many people "have heard" and solidly believe that Walt Disney is buried under the "Partners" statue in the middle of the hub. I have never heard that claimed by any visitors in the park, though, just in general conversation I have heard people claim it or ask about it.

Comment

I love the rumor that there is a dome over Disneyland, lol!!

Comment

I've heard the mountain thing, only getting it COMPLETELY backwards. Apparently the Matterhorn is the highest mountain in California, because California has no mountains. Who knew? :blink:

Oh, and nothing can be built below ground at Disneyland because it'll flood out, because the city of Anaheim was built on swamp land.

And from yet a third person, I heard them exclaim to a CM that it's cool that they built a Disney in California. How long ago was it built? No, that's wrong, it's FLORIDA that's been around all those years, there was a big thing about it. The L.A. Disney must be new.

And it's amazing how many people I overheard at the Fullerton Rail Fest explaining to their children that the Fred Gurley that was on display there wasn't a real train, it was a phony one they made for the event. And even adults touring the cab after waiting in line would say things like, "But this isn't the one that goes around the park, right? What?? Oh, it IS??? But... what's it doing HERE?"

Comment

I heard that people believed that Walt Disnety built a park around the Matternhorn mountain, :lol:

People also believed that there is a "Disney Jail"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                        There is at Grad Nite. It's called the "security office" until your chaperone (sp?) gets a hold of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by drb View Post
                          I've heard the mountain thing, only getting it COMPLETELY backwards. Apparently the Matterhorn is the highest mountain in California, because California has no mountains. Who knew?
                          ok normally these things don't bother me but THIS is just appalling!

And it's amazing how many people I overheard at the Fullerton Rail Fest explaining to their children that the Fred Gurley that was on display there wasn't a real train, it was a phony one they made for the event. And even adults touring the cab after waiting in line would say things like, "But this isn't the one that goes around the park, right? What?? Oh, it IS??? But... what's it doing HERE?"
                          now this is understandable, many people don't know how many props and such are actually authentic. If people knew that however, I think they would be less impressed.

If I were typically a bitter person, I would take a day in the park just to butt in on these conversations and ruin their blissful ignorance. But I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                            As I understand it, there is a security office but no "jail."

I like hearing the following:

"Wow, that castle is really small."
                            "Let's go on the Train ride!"
                            "Where's Jack?" (during non-HMH months)
                            "Could you tell me where the restroom is?" while standing in front of it (I've been guilty of this, but not at DLR)

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...
                            <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by drb View Post
                              Oh, and nothing can be built below ground at Disneyland because it'll flood out, because the city of Anaheim was built on swamp land.
                              This is partly true. Things can be built below ground obviously, but parts of Anaheim and surrounding cities were indeed swampland due to the Santa Ana river flowing to the ocean in this area of the county. The swamps were drained in the 1800s in order to farm, and the Santa Ana River was eventually cemented in to keep it from flooding every year -- which is what created the swamps in the first place. In the nearby city of Founatin Valley, just 6 miles to the south of DL, it is it not uncommon to hit water by digging only 5 to 10 feet. In fact, Fountain Valley used to be called Gospel Swamp! The last remnant of this swamp remains at Bolsa Chica in Huntington Beach, but the northern third of orange County had a large network of swamps.

Groundwater still exists below Disneyland as well as the northern third of Orange County. One-third of Orange County's drinking water comes from this aquifer. It's just that this aquifer is a lot deeper in the area of Disneyland than it is as you get closer to the ocean.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X