Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gepetto's Toy Shop

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Gepetto's Toy Shop

    As a child I have memories of a shop next to Pinocchio. I want to say it was a combination toy, doll, and clock shop. I'm not sure if anyone else remembers it or not. It was next to the Village Haus. Anyhow I just thought it would be nice to have a wooden toy shop in Fantasyland, and if they can theme it to Gepetto it would be perfect.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  • #2
    Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

    Okay not to be ultra negative but do you think the average kid is still interested in wood toys?
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

      This store is currently being converted into the old crystal store from the castle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

        Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
        Okay not to be ultra negative but do you think the average kid is still interested in wood toys?
        RenFaire has proven how much fun good wooden toys can be!
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

          I also remember that shop! I loved the hand-carved wooden dolls and would buy a new one every time I visited. I remember a sticker on the bottom of their feet that said, "Made in Switzerland." I had quite a few of them, but my daughter confiscated my collection when she was little.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

            Thank you Luke... how long have they been working on it for?
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

            sigpic

            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

              Originally posted by techskip View Post
              RenFaire has proven how much fun good wooden toys can be!

              Okay Tech that needs to be a MC field trip....I have yet to get to RenFaire and I would really LOVE to go....
              Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                Okay Tech that needs to be a MC field trip....I have yet to get to RenFaire and I would really LOVE to go....
                it's a thought.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                sigpic

                "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                  Originally posted by techskip View Post
                  Thank you Luke... how long have they been working on it for?
                  Pretty sure ever since it closed in the Castle.

                  MasterGracey posted some pictures of construction in his latest Dateline Disneyland article:





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                    Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                    Pretty sure ever since it closed in the Castle.

                    MasterGracey posted some pictures of construction in his latest Dateline Disneyland article
                    Again thank you. That is the shop I remember. Again memories from childhood. I hadn't set foot in that store in years.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                    sigpic

                    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                      Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                      Okay Tech that needs to be a MC field trip....I have yet to get to RenFaire and I would really LOVE to go....
                      But how can this be? Even our kids have been to the Renn Faire...twice at least I think? Twice for sure. You should go, it's a lot of fun.

                      As to the wooden toys, there is actually a movement of parents who are only into buying wooden toys for their kids. With all the recalls that go on and
                      the dangers of certain things it makes you wonder. I think some kids would appreciate it. But everything is so commercialized these days so I don't know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                        I remember this shop! Maybe I'm too old, but I don't recall it only selling wooden toys. When I was 5 or 6, I remember buying dolls there from different countries. (and I'm pretty sure it was there and not IASW)
                        It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                          Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
                          I remember this shop! Maybe I'm too old, but I don't recall it only selling wooden toys. When I was 5 or 6, I remember buying dolls there from different countries. (and I'm pretty sure it was there and not IASW)
                          I think it was dolls, some toys, clocks (cu-cu clocks) and those wooden windmill things.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                          sigpic

                          "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                            Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            I think it was dolls, some toys, clocks (cu-cu clocks) and those wooden windmill things.
                            Yup, the doll was my BIG souvenier to get when we would go.
                            It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gepetto's Toy Shop

                              To take a page from Knott's playbook... what if they have an actual woodcarver there making various items to sell? Talk about a personalized toy, doll, etc... if you can meet the craftsman who made it!
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                              sigpic

                              "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X