X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Ride Long Ago?

Hi all,

I have a vague memory as a child of a boat ride similar to Autopia. Did this really exist or is it a figment of my imagination? Where could I find out more?

Thx,
    -AmandasDad
    -AmandasDad

There was a boat ride, in the late 80s early 90s it was part of the Disney Afternoon attractions. Check out yesterland.com
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Motor Boat Cruise. The queue was where those tables are that seem to jut out into the water. Accross from the Matterhorn queue
      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
        There was a boat ride, in the late 80s early 90s it was part of the Disney Afternoon attractions. Check out yesterland.com
        It was around before the Disney Afternoon days. They just added the Gummi Bear theme to tie into that promotion.

J
        Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Ah the motor boat cruise...how I never new thee.

Comment

It was a cute little ride! Brought me back to my childhood when I used to go to a little New England beachfront peir arcade and ride the little boats around in a circle (think dumbo only boats in the water that don't go up into the air).

I always wondered what the difference between the "Phantom Boats" of 1955 and the "Motor Boat Cruise" was?
            ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Originally posted by daddyb
              It was a cute little ride! Brought me back to my childhood when I used to go to a little New England beachfront peir arcade and ride the little boats around in a circle (think dumbo only boats in the water that don't go up into the air).

I always wondered what the difference between the "Phantom Boats" of 1955 and the "Motor Boat Cruise" was?
              Phantom Boats were where the sub lagoon is now, (they tore them out and dug it deaper and added a show building, not the same lake at all)

I've always thought that they should remodel that area and build Aquatopia in there
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

do they even still have the boats in that lake somewhere?? (can anyoene find out if it is possable to run the ride again still?)

Comment

Unfortunately my oldest son is the only one of our kids that got to ride the motorboats. It was closed prior to my second being born.

It was fun and something different to do in the Park.

Now we have the boats at LegoLand to ride on. All four of the kids can do that.

Comment

Awww the motorboat cruise, I loved it!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I loved the motor boat cruise also, as per another post I made my best experience was many moons ago, rididng with my husband and having the motors turn off and looking in the sky and watching the fireworks from our boat they were seemed to be right above our heads and fantastic...and very romantic

Comment

I've seen photos of the Phantom Boats and they had these fins on the back of them. Almost looked liked something Batman would ride in.

I remember going on the boats on my first trip to Disneyland back in '85. I was six years old at the time.

Comment

Why did they get rid of it in the first place? It was one of my favorites when I was little. I actually thought I was driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                            Why did they get rid of it in the first place? It was one of my favorites when I was little. I actually thought I was driving it.
                            they allocated it's budget to toontown and once Roger Rabbit opend toontown couldn't handle the budget so it was closed (fair sacrifice if you ask me toontown is much better then one ride)

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                              I've seen photos of the Phantom Boats and they had these fins on the back of them. Almost looked liked something Batman would ride in.

I remember going on the boats on my first trip to Disneyland back in '85. I was six years old at the time.
                              what do you mean back then? The Pahntom boats were totaly seperate from the motor boats

if I'm not mistaken the Phantom boats closed soon after they opend

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X