X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Height Requirements - How to Measure

Originally posted by Karnever View Post
    Ahh the ultra sonic height checker.... I remember when I was a Trainero n that thing. I loved it but as others said the attractions had final say and ruined the system..
    I never knew they instituted a working model of it. I was under the impression that City Hall just did a standard "walk up to the stick and get an armband" method. I know that WDI had issues with it being able to be accurate over multiple measurements (I know it was tested) but I did not think they had an actual working model of it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I'm all for a system that measures by sitting height rather than standing height. If you think about it, a child that has reached the magical 40" may not be as tall sitting down as the next child. In my opinion, safety would be served better if it was a seated height. Of course, my theory is that Disney has this covered anyway and all rides are probably safe at 38" but to cover the different seated heights, they went with 40.
      I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
      then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

I can just hear Cartman now: "Then they came up with the height requirement. So you can wait on line, to wait on line, to wait on line"!
        I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I haven't seen one of these in person, and I think it'd be cool if these were implemented in the park. The wristband issue could be taken care of very easily--just do a uniquely patterned and colored hand stamp for each height code.

They could have a lot of fun with this for Tomorrowland attractions. Imagine the thematic possibilities! Other lands would be a lot harder to work 'em into, though that's no reason to not implement the machines.

Comment

Working...
          X