X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinocchio themnig & music

Hey there,

I was just listening to some of Fantasyland musical scores, and it got to me that the music from Pincchio's Daring Journey is...German?!?! Isn't it supposed to be an Italian story? Was this done deliberately, or did the designers just not care about the stories origins, or, perhaps most likely, am I just saying stupid things?
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

Re: Pinocchio themnig & music

The designers care very much about the accuracy of the themeing. The Pinocchio story takes place in northern Italy, I believe near the Swiss border which has more of an Alpine culture.

Comment

Hmm, near the Swiss border means a) No sea nearby and b) doesn't justify German songs as that part of Switserland is French...
      Ad luna in flamma gloria

Comment

Pinocchio's village in Storybook Land has the Alps in the background. Yup, nowhere near the ocean where Monstro dwells, but that's ok

As for German/Austrian/Swiss/Italian, I don't think the distinction is made very clear in the movie either...

Comment

I would guess that the Aps are the Tyrols, Austria is the where the "Deutsche" influence come from and that, long lost whales are swimming in the Adriatic.

Comment

Are you talking about the Pinocchio restaurant music, or the attraction? The restaurant music is German, but I'm having trouble remembering where it sounds that way in the attraction.

Comment

The title is "Village Haus", so I'm guessing it is indeed a restaurant, right?
              Ad luna in flamma gloria

Comment

Yep.
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Codename Danger
                  Yup, nowhere near the ocean where Monstro dwells, but that's ok
                  No but Pleasure ISLAND is...

Originally posted by Codename Danger
                  As for German/Austrian/Swiss/Italian, I don't think the distinction is made very clear in the movie either...
                  Geppetto, Pinocchio, Stromboli, and Monstro (which means Monster in Italian) sound kinda Italian to me... at the very least they don't sound German And if I remember correcly Geppetto has an Italian accent.

Why the restaurant is called Village HAUS, however, is beyond me but the movie undeniably takes place in Italy.

On an unrelated sidenote... POST 400, woohoo!
                  Last edited by dlfreak; 08-27-2005, 03:20 PM.
                  Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                  www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                  If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                  Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X