X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6packinthepark
    • Jul 2006

[Fun] Happy Haunts?

999 Happy Haunts reside in the Mansion. Or so we are told. If they are so happy then why are 3 so desperate to escape at the end of the ride? :lmao:

Sitting on Pooh's pot
  • disney-fan-reborn
    Banned User
    • Jul 2008

Re: Happy Haunts?

I don't think they are wanting to leave the house. I just think they like riding on the doom buggies. After all, they just keep getting back on again, and again, and again!

Comment

• MousieMagic
      MiceChatter
      • May 2007

Originally posted by 6packinthepark View Post
      999 Happy Haunts reside in the Mansion. Or so we are told. If they are so happy then why are 3 so desperate to escape at the end of the ride? :lmao:
      They might be happy, just not happy to be there.

Comment

• Datameister
        =)
        • Aug 2005

Well, they are smiling...so they're probably happy haunts nonetheless...but hey, no one enjoys spending all their time in retirement homes, even ghosts.

Comment

• techskip
          I Break Things
          • Jun 2007

Just trying to make some room probably. and who said they were part of the 999? 999 of them are happy... but what about the ones who aren't happy?
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• Cuddles McHenry
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2008

Ok. Here's how I see the whole thing:
            The Haunted Mansion opened to guests in 1969.
            Hitchhiking was really how the "young " generation got places in the 60's/70's. Seriously, some kids from the midwest hitchhiked to SF.
            So - those hitchhiking ghosts at the end of the HM, its actually more a dated sight gag than a commentary on who wants to leave.

Comment

• disneyfann121
              Banned User
              • Mar 2008

To me, the idea is that you can never entirely leave the Mansion; a part of it always follows you home

Comment

• Steve DeGaetano
                Banned User
                • Feb 2005

Has anyone actually counted to see if the 999 number is accurate, or merely metaphorical?

Comment

• mycroft16
                  I'm not really here
                  • Aug 2006

This could prove fun... what counts as a haunt now? Does whatever is behind the door, stretching it out, count?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
                    Mischievous Mouse
                    • Oct 2007

I always thought they wanted a ride back to the front door of the HM so they can ride again with you.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X