This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Epcot Experience at DLR?

Where do you go when you want that bit of a World Showcase experience but are at DLR? My pick: New Orleans Square. Ran across an old map showing unique shopping and restaurants, and it hit me how much this feels like a WS country of sorts. When I add great jazz and two of my favorite attractions, it is an easy winner! What about you?
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Re: Epcot Experience at DLR?

No world showcase at the DLR but if you want to experience Mexico all you have to do is drive through Santa Ana.

You can experience Vietnam in Westminster and Garden Grove.

Go to Artesia and you can experience India.

Of course in LA, there is Chinatown, Koreatown, and Little Tokyo. And there is a Russian area in and around the Fairfax District.

Comment

Not quite what I meant, but I agree! Used to live in many places in Orange County- and I loved the diversity!
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        Where do you go when you want that bit of a World Showcase experience but are at DLR? My pick: New Orleans Square. Ran across an old map showing unique shopping and restaurants, and it hit me how much this feels like a WS country of sorts. When I add great jazz and two of my favorite attractions, it is an easy winner! What about you?
        Alvera Street
        Janette

Comment

Originally posted by Leofoenget View Post
          Alvera Street
          Olvera, I forgive you
          Originally posted by Aristocat
          I miss David.
          Originally posted by Ginarella
          All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

I don't think you need to get the World Showcase feeling/experience at Disneyland. WS is something unique to Epcot, & it should stay that way. At Disneyland you get the New Orleans Square feeling, the Main Street feeling, Toontown feeling, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              No world showcase at the DLR but if you want to experience Mexico all you have to do is drive through Santa Ana.

Of course in LA, there is Chinatown, Koreatown, and Little Tokyo. And there is a Russian area in and around the Fairfax District.
              :lol:
              It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

I like that WS feeling- its a bit more grown up and leisurely paced. Love thrill and fantasy rides as much as anyone, but every once in awhile, I like the change of pace.
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                  I don't think you need to get the World Showcase feeling/experience at Disneyland. WS is something unique to Epcot, & it should stay that way. At Disneyland you get the New Orleans Square feeling, the Main Street feeling, Toontown feeling, etc.
                  Agreed entirely.

Comment

I agree. WS should be kept in Epcot.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That first one made me crack up!
                      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

LOL! Or better yet, come up here to the San Fernando Valley to Pacoima, Panorama City and etc and experience Mexico here, too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X