Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disney/GardenWalk announcement to be made in mid-October

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney/GardenWalk announcement to be made in mid-October

Recently, there has been discussion of Disneyland Resort expansion and new GardenWalk ownership. A connection may be made between these two rumors in mid-October, when an announcement will be made pertaining to any plans that will be made between the Disney Company and the Anaheim GardenWalk. The announcement will primarily discuss the hotels planned to be built at the GardenWalk; however, the timeshare units as well as the whole complex may come into consideration.

Keep in mind that the GardenWalk would act as a pedestrian path between the Disney esplanade, which contains the entrances to Disney's two existing parks, and the planned third theme park to be built on the Katella cast member parking lot and the strawberry fields. It would be smart of Disney to buy out the GardenWalk to keep resort guests on Disney property.

Thanks to InsiderAGW for the info.

If you want to find more information on the Anaheim GardenWalk, including latest openings of stores and restaurants and upcoming events, check out the Anaheim GardenWalk Progress Thread. The Progress Thread will also feature any new information about the Disney/GardenWalk plans.

Re: Disney/GardenWalk announcement to be made in mid-October

Interesting......well, as far as I am concerned...the Gardenwalk is AWESOME....and have to say that it's rivaling Downtown Disney......AND Gardenwalk has an awesome 24 Hour Fitness.......

My Dad is in charge of a lot of the Horticulture end of things for Gardenwalk.....and says that it's been pretty 'heated' in meetings between Disney and the City of Anaheim.....

Let's hope for a 'WIN/WIN' situation for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
      Interesting......well, as far as I am concerned...the Gardenwalk is AWESOME....and have to say that it's rivaling Downtown Disney......AND Gardenwalk has an awesome 24 Hour Fitness.......

My Dad is in charge of a lot of the Horticulture end of things for Gardenwalk.....and says that it's been pretty 'heated' in meetings between Disney and the City of Anaheim.....

Let's hope for a 'WIN/WIN' situation for all!
      really! well we can only hope for a good deal to come out of it.

Comment

I actually agree. My grandmother hadn't seen 'The Dark Knight' yet and my mom and i wanted to see it in IMAX and GardenWalk came up as one of the closest places, so we decided to check it out. It was very pretty, really. It should be wonderful as it grows.

Though, I must admit, we didn't get to look around too much. But it was nice all the same. We already fully endorsed it to one of my uncles!
        My mind won't rest
        and I don't sleep
        Not even in my dreams...
        -"If You Ever Did Believe"
        written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
        1985-2005

Comment

I really hope that Disney bought the property, I think it only makes sense for them to own it.

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

It would make the most sense for Disney to own it and make it easier to do what they want. It may be that the deal is held up until these "heated" issues are resolved with the city, so it doesn't sound like that deal is finalized if it is going to happen. In any case it sounds like at least the hotels and timeshares are moving forward, so that's good to hear.
            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
            -Walt Disney

Comment

I don't know if Disney would GW. I mean, they have DTD. If GW was never built, Disney would've never even considered ANOTHER entertainment district for the resort property.

IMO, I don't think they should buy it. Why can't they just form some kind of partnership? Then again, Disney may want to buy it because (IMO) GW is better than DTD in some ways and Disney will not want a higher percentage of people going to GW instead of DTD.

The whole thing is weird...Disney may want to buy it but then they'd have two entertainment districts which they probably never planned on and if they didn't buy it GW may start making more money when it has more visitors as the gateway to the third gate.
              ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

I think its a great idea for Disney to purchase the GW. You know its going to be well maintained, the tennants are going to love having the backing of a huge corp. and the more disney owns, IMO, the better.
                Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

How interesting! I'll be pay attention to see how this turns out...
                  "I can stand the sight of worms,
                  and look at microscopic germs,
                  but technicolor pachyderms
                  are really too much for me."

Comment

personally, i think it's a good idea for them to buy it out including the hotels and shopping complex. The third gate would be close and resort guests will discover the shopping center when they go to the third gate. Disney would surely gain revenue by just adding the GardenWalk on to the resort map and having guests use it as a way to get to the third gate. also the hotel guests over there will have a place to shop whereas the guests on the west side of disney property will have DTD

Comment

I doubt it. Anahiem Gardenwalk is nice but has become a major financial failure the place is literally a ghost town. Disney would be foolish to buy or partner with something that is underperforming unless they really believe they can turn it around somehow.

Comment

I think that Disney could turn it around. The main problem is that it really is not connected, either physically or psychologically, to Disneyland. That could be changed with some kind of transportation system to that area.

Disney should think about buying it because it would be a great place for more hotels which are really themed to Disney standards. That is the kind of hotels that could be very fun for families. The bland ordinary non-theme hotels are just too boring to attract families.
                        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

the GardenWalk would be connected to the resort in the future, when the third park is built and a transportation system is installed.

Comment

If they buy it or not, everyone needs to check out their bowling alley, its insanely sweet! I forgot the name of it tho ... but check it out soon while its still open, the owner said its been slow since opening..
                            Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                            trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Here's what I think will happen with GardenWalk if Disney buys it...

Bulldozers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X