Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolled 50th Maps?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rolled 50th Maps?

    I remember a rumor from a while back about the large 50th Anniversary maps (which currently only come folded) being released rolled? Are they/will they come out rolled? I have one framed on my wall, and it looks pretty good, but it still has the crease marks of course... rolled would be so much nicer! :ap:

  • #2
    Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

    I agree!
    I'm still hoping, too. I haven't seen any on recent trips -- just lots of folded ones.
    Very well, I'll continue to wait.
    My finger points.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

      They are selling them unfolded in Disneyana for a hefty price. I'm not sure how much it was, but it was pretty expensive. its a nicer version, though. Its not folded, obviously, and it does not have the attraction names printed on it, and instead of the large multi-color 50th Anniversary logo that comes on the corner of the folded maps, it comes with a slightly smaller one-color version of the logo that is printed in shiny gold ink. It looks nicer than the $5 map, but is much more expensive.

      Check out Disneyana next time you go to Disneyland ..its in the second room that has all the framed art and big fig display cases.

      I believe they are also available in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. In the art and big fig room, of course.
      Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-27-2005, 08:00 AM.

      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

        Awesome, thanks for the info! Anyone have an idea how much they are? Sounds kinda pricey...

        Comment


        • #5
          Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

          Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

            Hey guys! Are you talking about the retro-looking 50th map? Those seem SO cool, you would think they would have them rolled up for us OCD people!



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

              Originally posted by MasterGracey
              They are selling them unfolded in Disneyana for a hefty price. I'm not sure how much it was, but it was pretty expensive. its a nicer version, though. Its not folded, obviously, and it does not have the attraction names printed on it, and instead of the large multi-color 50th Anniversary logo that comes on the corner of the folded maps, it comes with a slightly smaller one-color version of the logo that is printed in shiny gold ink. It looks nicer than the $5 map, but is much more expensive.
              What you saw is probably the limited edition map that was sold during the "50 Years of Magical Memories" event in July.The map sold for $350 and had an edition size of 100.


              That "logo" on the bottom is actually a huge gold-plated pin.
              Last edited by Circarama; 08-27-2005, 05:35 PM.
              Charlie :wave:
              MiceChat User #1037

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                I got the Folded one (Huge THANKS to Morrigoon!) had it matted on pressed foam board (less than $6) and the creases are barley noticable. It is actually an amazing looking job for only $11! ( i even had a friend offer me $30 for it!)

                __________________________________________
                And hey CIRCARAMA- your sig says the 50th WAS awesome....it aint over yet!...lol
                -----------------------------------------------
                DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

                YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                  Originally posted by PanTheMan
                  I got the Folded one (Huge THANKS to Morrigoon!) had it matted on pressed foam board (less than $6) and the creases are barley noticable. It is actually an amazing looking job for only $11! ( i even had a friend offer me $30 for it!)

                  __________________________________________
                  And hey CIRCARAMA- your sig says the 50th WAS awesome....it aint over yet!...lol
                  Yep, I did the same.
                  sigpic

                  This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                    Originally posted by PanTheMan
                    __________________________________________
                    And hey CIRCARAMA- your sig says the 50th WAS awesome....it aint over yet!...lol

                    Uh, The 50th was on July 17.
                    Charlie :wave:
                    MiceChat User #1037

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                      The unfolded maps at WOD are printed on fine art paper and are numbered. Edition size is 2005. They are $95 unframed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                        OUCH!!! I don't think I need one that bad.
                        Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

                        Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                          Originally posted by Circarama
                          What you saw is probably the limited edition map that was sold during the "50 Years of Magical Memories" event in July.The map sold for $350 and had an edition size of 100.


                          That "logo" on the bottom is actually a huge gold-plated pin.
                          Yup, thats what I saw. I didnt notice that the "logo" was a pin though! I now drool at the sight of that pin. :ap:

                          Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rolled 50th Maps?

                            Any update on the rolled 50th map debacle? Still only availale folded besides the expensive framed one?

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X