Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody used the Disneyland Kennel?

I am trying to work out some details for a possible October Disneyland trip and have a 1 1/2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I may bring with me...has anyone used the Kennel? Do they let the animals out to play or are they crated all day? Cost? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Has anybody used the Disneyland Kennel?

I know that they are crated and you have to come out of the park and let them out in the dog run area. They have to be up to date on all their vaccinations too. As far as cost not sure but hopefully Darkbeer will appear here soon as he has used their services in the past.

I think you should let us see a picture of her just for cuteness sake.
    sigpic

Comment

I have brought my dog to the kennel's twice. Pratt55 is correct that they are crated all day and that you must come back to feed and take them out for a potty break. The last time I used the facility it was $20 and you have to bring a current vacination record from your vet showing that they are current with all shots. I wish I still had the number to the kennel to give you but it seems I have deleted it.
      Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Since you twisted my arm here are a couple I had on my computer. He is about a year and a half now. man, I miss those days! This is my Toby Jay!!
        Attached Files

Comment

No, but I have a relative I would like to leave there when I visit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cticket View Post
            No, but I have a relative I would like to leave there when I visit.
            I think that is what lost and found is for :lol:

Toby Jay is a cutie.
            sigpic

Comment

I stayed there once. Nice kibble. Bad view of the fireworks though.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
              Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

The following is from the Disneyland Website:

The DisneylandDisneylandDisneylandDisneyland

Comment

thats a cute dog
                  Last edited by Rapunzel; 10-10-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

OMG PUPPY! *adores the cuteness*

It's been...wow, close to 20 years since I used the kennel, but at that time they fed the dogs (I think there was a section of paperwork to fill out indicating that yes, you wanted them to give food), and you had to leave the park and take them for a walk. They had a really cute grass area where the dogs could play and do their business. My Irish Setter puppy didn't mind the experience at all.
                    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Your puppy is sooooo cute!!! My little pomeranian stayed at the kennel a couple years ago when we first got her and she won the "Top Dog" award (I don't know how...lol) and she got to take a picture with Pluto!! It was adorable!! All the people there are really friendly. Definitely trusted them with my baby
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback! I am hesitant to leave him in a kennel all day. I guess it would be okay. We would come give him a break mid morning, pick him up for our afternoon nap, and a mid evening break and pick him up for the night. He is our baby so I am nervous leaving him anywhere. Not that Disneyland wouldn't take good care of him, but he is never crated anymore...but I am glad to hear such positive feedback!

Comment

I tried, but they said they don't accept mother-in-laws.

***audience erupts in laughter***
                          :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
                          Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

i must say that even though i've never used disneyland's kennel, both of my dogs love kennels and boarding of any kind, and are very enthusiastic about being around so many other dogs. i'm sure your pup would love it, and you'd get to check on him when you came to feed him and take him to the yard.
                            "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Anyone who can afford a Cavalier King Charles shouldn't be daunted by whatever the Kennel fees are. And, of course, the breeders have to check YOUR lineage back at least three generations to see if your family is good enough to pamper the dogs in the manner to which they've become historically accustomed.

BTW, the Kennel used to be run by Parking and Transportation Dept and now is reportedly run by Circle-D people so maybe a bit more animal-oriented.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X