This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] PeopleMover Track

I want to ask a question about the PeopleMover track in Star Tours. If you're in the room with hanging baskets and two little droids, when you look down the PeopleMover track towards the Startrader and Starcade you see a blue wall with two Star Wars type posters (similar to the ones as when you exit Star Tours). What is that? I know its not the Startrader and it looks like its open. Is that where the Stormtrooper used to stand?

Re: PeopleMover Track

Hi, PeopleMover Eric, welcome to Micechat. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I love looking at the track, just hoping for the peoplemover's return. Good luck in finding out what that blue wall is.

Comment

Could it be related to the Green Wall over at IASW/Toon Town? (see other thread)

Maybe there's a Red Wall over in Pirates? It's a conspiracy!

Comment

It's the overflow queue for star tours in what used to be the stockroom for the star trader. Previously that area was used for the exit to adventures thru inner space.

Comment

It may be a wall in the overflow queue room, when the line gets really long. This also used to be the unload area for Adventure Thru Inner Space. (MrLiver beat me to it)

Maybe this is it?

(I know it's not facing entirely the right direction, but it's the only shot I have of this room)

I hope this helps, and that you find out what exactly it is you've seen.

Comment

AWWWSOME!!! Thank you so much!!! this has been buggin' me!...i have never seen this room before!...i was soo confused because i didn't remember seeing this on the PM (never saw/rode the rocket rods) thanx for the pic's!

Comment

No problem! And I hope you enjoy yourself on MiceChat. It really is a great community to be a part of!

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
                I want to ask a question about the PeopleMover track in Star Tours. If you're in the room with hanging baskets and two little droids, when you look down the PeopleMover track towards the Startrader and Starcade you see a blue wall with two Star Wars type posters (similar to the ones as when you exit Star Tours). What is that? I know its not the Startrader and it looks like its open. Is that where the Stormtrooper used to stand?
                Mr Liver was able to answer your first question and dland_lover provided a good picture of what that queue looks like. Busy periods are when that queue is used. Believe it or not, when Star Tours opened in 1987, the summer crowds were large enough in number to require it, however, that was the Star Trader stockroom (the track was enclosed with fabric or something to hide it all) back then and the extended queue was a switchback in front of the building out in the sun. Before Star Tours, that was the Innerspace unload area and display area for Monsanto, which ended where the the main room of Star Traders and the Star Wars room come together.

When you're in Star Traders, look up at the blacked out windows in the back corner where the ceiling is low. That was where the People Mover was rerouted and ascended into Space Mountain. It's behind those windows where you used to see the Stormtrooper gaurding merchandise crates. Endor Express had done an article about the PeopleMover Stormtrooper some time ago and they're still around. These 2 pics came from that article.

Comment

Tomorrowland in it's prime. I miss seeing that storm trooper while you zipped by in the peoplemover. I believe it use to move back and forth and point his blaster at you when you zooomed by.

Comment

Ah! I remember that Stormtrooper! The memories come rushing back... *cue flashback sequence*

Comment

Did it really move? I don't think it did, but I'm not sure.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

oh wow thats awesome!...yeah i remember when it would go by the starcade (back when that place was popin' off) and you could go up to the 2nd story....good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                          Did it really move? I don't think it did, but I'm not sure.
                          It used to rock side to side, jointed sort of at the hip.

Comment

I've never ben in the extended Star Tours queue to my knowledge. I need to get in their just to see the track sort of. The worst part is for me that the last time I went to DL I saw the room open and was excited but didn't look inside. And I always say to myself in the Star Trader to look behind me when I leave Star Tours. AHHH!!! WHY!!!

Comment

Bring back the PEOPLEMOVER! Please...
                              Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X