This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55

Which is a better restaurant to dine at? I know both are pricey, but I am trying to make a decision as to which would be a better place to celebrate a family event. Any opinions are appreciated. I have only dined at Napa Rose, but it was too long ago that I don't remember what it was exactly like.

Re: Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55

Napa Rose is an exceptional experience, but I always go away from that place still hungry. Last time I went there, I ordered the 5-course Vintner's Table w/ wine pairings. It still wasn't enough food for me.

Steakhouse 55 is not as elegant as Napa, but it's still a great experience. I ordered the 3-course Prix Fixe menu once and found that to be just the right amount of food. The price was a reasonable $30-something. If you want to go for something bigger, try the rib-eye. I think it's the best steak on the menu.

Napa Rose rates high on my list for quality, service and atmosphere. However, the small serving sizes are enough to make me not want to go back... And I don't consider myself a big eater.
    Last edited by Code90; 08-27-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

If you are a big Walt Disney fan, then I would suggest Stakehouse 55, or Granville's as it was once named. It is very quiet and has many old Walt black and white photo's. It is very classy. I enjoyed Nampa Rose, but to me it was uncomfortable.

Comment

I am surprised at the lack of real love for Napa Rose. I've never been to Steakhouse 55, but my boyfriend and I go to Napa Rose for Valentine's Day (not the day of but for) and we absolutely love the place.

Real fine dining isn't meant to be the most filling...it's all about the experience.

Comment

Napa Rose is definitely fancier. I think Steakhouse would be better for a family get together. Napa Rose is more of the romantic dinner for two type of place.
          Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
          Golly, what a day

Comment

The Napa Rose consistently wins awards every year since it opened in 2001 and from time to time is featured on various Food Network shows. It's very contemporary both in menu and interior design with a large open kitchen and a great view of Grizzly Mountain. Although I haven't been to Steakhouse 55 since the name change, the food there was pretty good, but a bit more old school and traditional in appearance, and very cozy as the dining room seats only something like 50 people. I can't think of anything negative to say about either, but my personal preference is the Napa Rose.
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

They are both really great restaurants, just depends upon what you are looking for. Steakhouse 55 has a good steak and nice surroundings and is a little more casual than Napa Rose.

Napa Rose has the kind of food that you may not find everywhere and some very good, attentive service. However, that comes at a price!

If I had to pick one, I would say Napa Rose. But the best answer is dine at them both!

Comment

I am in favor personally of Napa Rose, the food is exquisite and the open kitchen is awesome to watch, very elegant and lovely experience to be had there.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I have never been to nappa rose, but I LOVE steakhouse 55! My husband and I go every year for our wedding anniversary, he always gets the prime rib and I get the steak from the prix fixe with a glass of reisling....yum! perfect amount of food, not that pricey, and i believe the accept ap discounts.
                  *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
                  Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X