This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Blue Bayou Question

Today I am excited for two reasons, it's Friday and tonight my boyfriend and I have reservations at the Blue Bayou (the first time eating there for both of us.)

So my question is, what are the "must have's" there?
    Any tips that you reccommend to have the best experience possible?

Thank you!

Re: Blue Bayou Question

Check in 10 minutes early.
    Request water-side seating (may make you wait a little longer, but you sit right by the bayou itself. Makes for quieter dining and better view of the atmosphere)

I recommend the gumbo and the Monte Cristo.

You'll have to report back how you enjoyed it

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I don't think you can request it but if you get to sit by the water that would be great.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cticket View Post
        I don't think you can request it but if you get to sit by the water that would be great.
        You can, but only at the time of check-in with the host/hostess and it just depends on availability. They may just make you wait till one of the tables is free.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

If you sit by the water be careful, I was once hit by a coin by someone on POTC.(True story).
          sigpic

Comment

The Prime Rib is wonderful! I really like the Raspberry dressing on the salad as well.

Comment

For dinner I would recommend the short ribs. I have never had them, but my parents love them and have them every time we go there. For dessert I would recommend sharing the cookie boat. It's big enough that 2 people could definitely share it and it's very good!
              A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
              :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

I typically get the chicken. It's not amazing--I don't think much of the food at the Blue Bayou is--but it's good enough to eat, and the incredible atmosphere makes up for any deficiencies.

Comment

Last time I was at Blue Bayou it was with a group of 9 other people. Without any planning, every single person got something different. We basically sampled the entire menu. The chicken wasn't anything to special (not bad, per se, just a little pedestrian) but everything else was fantastic. It's hard to go wrong.
                  -SilentDante
                  eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you guys so much for the great responses!

Comment

I concur with the Monte Cristo. Damn good!
                      "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                      1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

can't get the monte cristo at dinner, but have the chicken! my boyfriend had it, and when i tried a bite of his it practically melted in my mouth because it was so tender. and if you don't like the veggie choices, you can ask for double bayou potatos and they're HEAVEN.

also get the pirate punch. it's overly sweet, but delish and it comes with a re useable cup and little light up thing and a color changing straw and i THINK free refills
                        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

I get the ribs or whatever they are... DELICIOUS!!!!

Comment

I love the Pork Chop! Delicious! And those potatoes!! Yum!
                            Keith

Comment

Monte Cristo is my fave.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X