This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Ode to Disney in G Scale

As a warning, I'm linking to another board here; not to promote it, but because I think many of you would find the models of David Sheegog quite amazing. His outdoor garden railroad features many Disney scenes (Including Sleeping Beauty Castle and the Indiana Jones Temple) that are about as impressive as one is likely to see anywhere.

He's giving a tour of his railroad throughout the thread; the real good stuff starts on the pages further in.

Disney Railroads Discussion Board :: View topic - Ode to Disney in G

Re: Ode to Disney in G Scale

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I love the main entrance to the park. I wish there was a shot with the whole castle in it, but I guess he's still in the process of posting.

Comment

10 years in the making, that's nuts. The detail is superb.

Comment

That is all very incredible, particularly the shots of the train station and castle! The models are breathtaking! I think we can also pay a compliment to Mr. Sheegog's photography. His composition and placement of the camera give everything a life-sized appearance. At first glance, I could have sworn the train station and castle were the real deal.
        Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
        Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Holy Smokes! Fantastic!! The Temple and Pride Rock are tremendous sculpts! The castle and MS Station are magnificent. I really hate that guy!! It almost makes me want to work in the larger G-scale (but Mrs. Swab would kill me). Great link, and great layout!!

Comment

Unbelievable!!! Thanks for posting the link Steve.

This guy is probably my idol now. :bow:

I can't wait to see the overall pictures to see how much room he is taking up in his backyard...

(Note to self: Get a backyard!)
            Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
            ~Walt Disney~

Comment

When I pick my jaw up off the floor I'll say something along the lines of:

Holy crap that's incredible! There's a shot looking up at MS Station on page three that could pass for the real thing. Love the fiber optic lights on it. Insane amounts of detail. There is some SERIOUS time going on here in the modeling department. I can't even find words for the castle.

I really like all the characters he's put into it. Jack (Jack-in-the-Box), Wizard of Oz, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

That was totally awesome!
                Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

That is superb! I had to question myself whether that was a pic of the actual, full-size castle or not! The craftmanship is amazing, especially on the Indy temple. Great job! And thanks for the link, Steve!

Comment

Really great model
                    VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

I am so totally floored and appreciative of the work he's done on that. It's simply amazing. Wow.

Comment

Utterly, utterly incredible. The time and patience that guy has put into the models is just awesome. As apailroad modeller myself - nothing so spectacular as that - I can appreciate the love and dedication that went into that layout.
                        Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

all I can say is... wow

Comment

Thank you for linking this Steve - MR. Sheegog's work is fantastic! I can hardly wait to see the entire thing now.

Comment

Those were really cool. Thanks for the link.
                              Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                              Golly, what a day

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X