Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger can't ride alone with Monorail Driver?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Passenger can't ride alone with Monorail Driver?

I was at the park Monday, and since there was practically nobody in line for the Monorail, asked to sit in front with the driver on the new monorail. I was there myself.
    The Monorail driver said he couldn't take just one passenger.
    Is that true? Any idea why?

Turned out ok, the driver went into the first car and asked if anybody in a group of 4 or less wanted to ride up front and found some happy guests who didn't know you could do this.

Re: Passenger can't ride alone with Monorail Driver?

That's probably for security reasons.... SOP for the monorail since 9/11, I'm sure. They don't want a driver alone with one guest, as the guest could turn out to be some terrorist or a crazy guy w/ a knife or something lol. Not saying you're one of those, I mean in general. :oD

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
      That's probably for security reasons.... SOP for the monorail since 9/11, I'm sure. They don't want a driver alone with one guest, as the guest could turn out to be some terrorist or a crazy guy w/ a knife or something lol. Not saying you're one of those, I mean in general. :oD

This sounds right. Although I think that it is kinda sad.
      Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
      Golly, what a day

Comment

It definitely has do do with protecting the cast member, whether it be for security reasons or other. It helps keep the cast member out of a situation of being accused of doing something, when he or she is innocent. These days all it takes is somone to accuse you of something to get you in trouble, whether or not there is proof.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
          That makes no sense. What if the supposed terrorist just brings someone else along? Then it would be OK for the driver to be there alone with 2 whackos?

Comment

There can be more than one terrorist and there can be more than one scammer... especially if their grouped.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
              It definitely has do do with protecting the cast member, whether it be for security reasons or other. It helps keep the cast member out of a situation of being accused of doing something, when he or she is innocent. These days all it takes is somone to accuse you of something to get you in trouble, whether or not there is proof.
              I agree with Donald here...I am sure it has more to do with protecting from liability and false accusations (and costly lawsuits) than security. A nice family of four is a great witness/determent from someone who wanted to ride alone so they could sue Disney for the "horrible trauma" suffered at the hands of their employee while alone more than stopping a knife/weapon weilding "terrorist" criminal.

Comment

I got delivered the same line back in 2004 when i hadn't been in a while. I think it's mostly the driver reserving the right to not have to feel awkward having some random person alone up there with them.

Comment

Interesting info! Thanks for the question and answers, all.

I gotta try riding up in front one of these days...

Comment

Recently, they also won't let you in the tail cone alone??? I don't know why, because there is no CM back there. Is it because of vandalsim? Personally, I think it's worse to let the bf/gf alone back there than it is the single.. In the Mark VII's the pilots have a direct vidoe feed to all the cabins that can be seen from the front, and the Mark V's have cameras that record so what's the problem
                    WELCOME ABOARD
                    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

They want to make sure that a person doesn't hijack the monorail and take it for a joyride,

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                        They want to make sure that a person doesn't hijack the monorail and take it for a joyride,
                        i wouldnt really see the point in that. "yay! look at me! i have total control to go in two directions at a max speed of thirty miles per hour!!!!! yay!"

Die Vampire, Die!!!

Comment

It makes perfect sense to me. Same reason when I was a cub scout leader we always had to have 2 adults present it keeps almost everybody on the up and up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                            It makes perfect sense to me. Same reason when I was a cub scout leader we always had to have 2 adults present it keeps almost everybody on the up and up.
                            I was going to say the same thing!!!
                            sigpic
                            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

This makes me wonder if the driver has some sort of kill switch that could be hit if someone did try to take over control of the Monorail. A sort of emergency off/brake. Well, there's got to be an emergency brake, but ideally the operator would want an off switch that can only be overridden by authorities.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X