X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Backstage Tour w/ Tony Baxter Question

Hey all,

I've heard about a backstage tour of Disneyland that includes a tour of Indy w/ Tony Baxter. Does anyone have any ifo on what this includes/ proces/ reviews. Any help would be great!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Re: Backstage Tour w/ Tony Baxter Question

I haven't heard of any such tour that's available to the general public. Shoot me a PM, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      I haven't heard of any such tour that's available to the general public. Shoot me a PM, though.

Could it be one of those Adventures by Disney special programs?

Comment

Doubt it, though there's a limited backstage tour that does not involve Tony Baxter.

Comment

Post Deleted By User
          Last edited by Eric5675; 09-13-2008, 09:16 PM.
          WELCOME ABOARD

Comment

[snip]
            Last edited by Datameister; 09-13-2008, 07:52 PM. Reason: Taken care of. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
              Hey all,

I've heard about a backstage tour of Disneyland that includes a tour of Indy w/ Tony Baxter. Does anyone have any ifo on what this includes/ proces/ reviews. Any help would be great!

I have been on the Backstage Magic tour through Adventures by Disney. It did include a backstage tour that included the Indiana Jones ride. No, Tony Baxter was not there to give us an overview. That would have been a great experience, though! The ABD group does have many surprises. One never knows what you will see/do on that tour. It was worth the trip! Are you looking for reviews of the trip? My group did many reviews. And there have been some since. If it is what you are looking for, send me a PM and I will send you the website where people are writing about this tour.

Comment

Since I'm 15, they don't give us PM's, but I'm sure a google search will find it though. Thanks for your help.
                WELCOME ABOARD

Comment

Originally posted by pirateslife4me View Post
                  I have been on the Backstage Magic tour through Adventures by Disney. It did include a backstage tour that included the Indiana Jones ride. No, Tony Baxter was not there to give us an overview. That would have been a great experience, though! The ABD group does have many surprises. One never knows what you will see/do on that tour. It was worth the trip! Are you looking for reviews of the trip? My group did many reviews. And there have been some since. If it is what you are looking for, send me a PM and I will send you the website where people are writing about this tour.
                  [Datameister]: :jawdrop: How much does it cost???

Comment

Originally posted by KAN View Post
                    [Datameister]: :jawdrop: How much does it cost???
                    Hehe...I already knew about it, and it's beyond my price range for the time being. =( I've already seen some of the areas they cover, and I'm most likely going to get to see some of them again for a much lower price in a couple of months, so I'm okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                      Since I'm 15, they don't give us PM's, but I'm sure a google search will find it though. Thanks for your help.

Maybe I can post the websites?

Scroll down to Hollywood/Disneyland-Backstage Magic
                      AllEars.net Review Page - ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - Powered by ReviewPost

This one is for the Adventure by Disney tours. Scroll until you find the first April trip. (There was a dress rehearsal before the April trip where one did a big review as well.) There are also some trip reports since.
                      Adventures By Disney Discussion - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Tour was so much fun with lots of surprises and many places to see/experience.

Comment

indi is my favorite ride but its got to be mega bucks for the tour especially cause its with tony baxter. i know there is a fantasmic behind the scenes tour, but it runs for $4,000 for 5 people! a little out of my range!

Comment

Odd to see this bumped...
                          WELCOME ABOARD

Comment

Does anybody know how much the backstage visits are?
                            It would be amazing if I got to see haunted mansion!

and datamiester how do you get to see backstage ;]

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyJaded View Post
                              Does anybody know how much the backstage visits are?
                              Too much. =/

It would be amazing if I got to see haunted mansion!
                              That it would, but I don't know of any way to do it besides becoming a cast member, getting evac'ed from Splash Mountain, or having a private plane. I've seen the Haunted Mansion show building from a distance, and I'm intimately familiar with a lot of it virtually, but I've never been up close to it in real life. Except from the inside, of course.

and datamiester how do you get to see backstage ;]
                              I personally have been backstage for Magic Music Days twice - and if all goes well, I'll get to again as a roadie/chaperone/helper in another week or two! - and then another time with an Imagineering class at UCLA. As I said, becoming a cast member is the most surefire way to do it, but it's obviously not feasible for everyone. Getting evac'ed from certain attractions will earn you a free look at backstage, but it'll be brief, and there's no way of knowing when that'll happen. Other than that...just gotta find as many cracks in the theming as possible! I have a lot of fun sneaking peeks "behind the curtain"...without trespassing, of course.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X