Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Pirates Went Down Today(9/13/08)

My wife and I were in the parks today and while we were in line for Pirates (around 5PM), a Cast Member informed us there was a "technical difficulty" and that the ride would be back up in 15-20 minutes. They emptied all the boats and went through a full rotation (plus a few) without guests.

At 5:35 everything was back up. The only thing we noticed was that the donkey next to the 3 pirates when "Yo Ho" starts playing was missing. His door was completely closed.

Re: Pirates Went Down Today

I want to be on Pirates when it breaks down, just to see what they do. Especially during the battle scene.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

yeah me too. lol the donkey goes missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
        I want to be on Pirates when it breaks down, just to see what they do. Especially during the battle scene.
        Once when MC had a special meet we were on pirates and were next go get uploaded at the station when the attraction broke down and it was closed for the rest of the day. We sadly didn't get walked off like everyone else, we were already up the lift hill and they just had to move our boat forward.

Comment

The donkey is trying to find Shrek oops..wrong company.
          "You are watching FOX"

Comment

So Pirates broke down because the donkey wasn't there? I smell conspiracy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              So Pirates broke down because the donkey wasn't there? I smell conspiracy!
              Nooo...

The donkey isn't there because it broke down.

It went on strike, obviously. It's tired of the ride breaking down.
              Last edited by Dreamer20k; 09-13-2008, 08:34 PM. Reason: My spelling stinks sometimes ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
                The donkey is trying to find Shrek oops..wrong company.

)

Comment

I was on Pirates last night and we were backed up to the burning village. I was thinking 101, but a Cm came on the loud speakers and said that our boat would be moving right away. Darn.

Comment

Nooo...

The donkey isn't there because it broke down.

It went on strike, obviously. It's tired of the ride breaking down.
                    Didn't the dog go on strike a while back? Did that have an effect on frequency of ride breakdowns?

Comment

they walk out in waders and pull the boats forward...not a fun experience after sitting on the boats for 45 minutes. when they finally turned the sound off people cheered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                        Didn't the dog go on strike a while back? Did that have an effect on frequency of ride breakdowns?
                        Nah, he went on to do bigger and better things.

Comment

Nah, he went on to do bigger and better things.
                          Sounds like a Lassie series!

Just picturing being evac'd from Pirates would be awesome (minus the Yo Hos and sounds). Very interesting on how the they do get people off though.

Comment

I was on the WDW version. It was interesting. The lights turned on, a cast member in those fly-fishing pants came and pulled our boat back to unload. We went up the stairs behind the auctioneer past the "Set Walls" and out the Soundstage walls onto backstage near the float storage and out back onto stage. I was happy and so was everyone else.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

I hate when Pirates goes down and you're on the ride. The last time it happened to me I was stuck sitting in a boat for 45 minutes. The animatronics kept moving but there was no sound, no music. And I missed F!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X