This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Future California Screamin'

What exactly is going to be done to update the current California Screamin'?

I remember reading months ago that there was going to be a permanent "Villians Overlay"

What exactly does that entail?

Thanks!

-The Abominable Snowman

Re: Future California Screamin'

I hadn't heard that, and I'm not sure that would fit in theme-wise, but any new additions or theming would certainly be beyond welcome! I've heard that basically the queue will be spruced up to fit in with the Victorian theme.

Comment

Hmmmm... I swear I heard that rumor from one of Al's articles way back when

Comment

That was rumored about a year ago, but I don't think that's happening now. No one really knows what will be happening with California Screamin' at the moment. I suggest to stay tuned to the DCA Project Tracker thread.

Comment

Gracias!

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
            I hadn't heard that, and I'm not sure that would fit in theme-wise, but any new additions or theming would certainly be beyond welcome! I've heard that basically the queue will be spruced up to fit in with the Victorian theme.

i actually don't think the queue thing is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
              i actually don't think the queue thing is happening.
              Well, it's definitely been pushed back. But I still think it's going to happen, eventually.

Comment

It has to be the ugliest queue on Disney property!

Comment

it is boring and ugly.... makes the wait feel that much longer ...
                  -Ricky
                  DLand Connoisseur
                  http://www.djrickyjay.com

Comment

Maybe hte Villains overlay can be for Halloween like 'small world Holiday' and 'Haunted Mansion Holiday'...
                    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Originally posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
                      Maybe hte Villains overlay can be for Halloween like 'small world Holiday' and 'Haunted Mansion Holiday'...
                      This would probably be a little more difficult to install.

Comment

Sadly, Screamin' is the biggest eyesore of the entire DLR. It makes DL look like Knott's or just another 6 Flags.

The most recent expectation is that they will be removing the large Mickey outline and replacing it with a "Paradise Pier" sign. For a Billion plus dollars, you would expect a little more than just a new sign on this ugliest coaster at DLR.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
                          It has to be the ugliest queue on Disney property!
                          What? The choice of the particular shade of blue that they have painted the pipe dividers in the queue is so full of Disney magic, one has to experience it to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                            Sadly, Screamin' is the biggest eyesore of the entire DLR. It makes DL look like Knott's or just another 6 Flags.

The most recent expectation is that they will be removing the large Mickey outline and replacing it with a "Paradise Pier" sign. For a Billion plus dollars, you would expect a little more than just a new sign on this ugliest coaster at DLR.
                            To be fair, the new sign is only going to cost $750 million. The other $350 million is going into repainting the Screamin' queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                              Well, it's definitely been pushed back. But I still think it's going to happen, eventually.
                              oh yeah, i agree... i just meant before 2012. i'm sure disney will do something about it in the years to come.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X