• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrincessY
    Winter in Oceanside...
    • Oct 2005

Re: Bagless Security Checkpoint!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Werner View Post
    However, for anyone who really wants to pack in a knife, mace, small pistol, or explosives, isn't the checkpoint a joke?
    Completely.

Comment

• Hobbit
      Banned User
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Werner View Post
      I will grant that a security checkpoint certainly may deter someone from bringing in evil things -- and, may give pause to a perpretrator of mayhem by making them aware that they're being watched. However, for anyone who really wants to pack in a knife, mace, small pistol, or explosives, isn't the checkpoint a joke?
      It is a joke. They hardly check bags anyways, they normally look in my purse and let me on my way. My purse is jampacked full of stuff and they don't even bother to sift through it. I don't see the point.

Comment

• aashee
        Skeevy Ray Vaughan
        • Aug 2006

I saw it Friday night and failed to mention it, sorry MiceChatters. I also went Saturday evening about the same time and it wasn't there. I loved it and hope it stays.

The other thing I saw on Friday is that the Buzz Lightyear fastpass is gone. Anyone else post this?

Comment

• Luke Manning
          Banned User
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          The other thing I saw on Friday is that the Buzz Lightyear fastpass is gone. Anyone else post this?
          It's still there, but they're closed due to the repaving going on near there.

Comment

• MagicWDI
            Hall Of Promise
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post
            It is a joke. They hardly check bags anyways, they normally look in my purse and let me on my way. My purse is jampacked full of stuff and they don't even bother to sift through it. I don't see the point.
            They are not implementing a top security checkpoint, like at an airport or high level office. What they are accomplishing is creating a presents of security to deter wrongdoers from trying to complete their act of danger. They have more security around the checkpoints and inside the parks for at-the-scene response, including plain-clothes peace officers, and yes they are carrying firearms.

There are many levels of security and they all providing a safe environment. Just because they are not at the top most level of security doesn't mean they are not accomplishing anything.

Comment

• Dreamer20k
              Following the Second Star
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              That is a great idea. Now if they would just implement an "Express Checkout" for small bags (non stroller or ginormous backpack), it would be awesome.
              That's what I want. All I ever have to bring is my camera bag, which includes my camera, my wallet, and occasionally my phone (only if I'm wearing a skirt without pockets), so standing in that long line for that gets annoying.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Haunted View Post
                Personally, I wish they would open one of the park entrance gates for AP holders. To me, that would be a great added benefit without much cost.
                On any given day there are probably as much, if not MORE APers in the parks than regular visitors. It wouldn't be shorter, in fact, it would probably be more of an added benefit for Non-APers.

I REALLY hope this sticks around since most other parks (including WDW) have had no-bags lines for quite awhile.

Comment

• pianoman13
                  Fancy that...
                  • Jun 2007

I didn't see it today...hmm, but holy crap that's awesome! It's about time..I'm glad like everyone else

Comment

• DisneyGirl52
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Dec 2007

Oooh, yeah I saw that today. I thought to myself 'wow this is awesome, I wish they had this back when I DIDN'T always carry a bag around'. Ah oh well, lol, i'm still glad they have it.

Jello Power!!
                    "My only purpose in life, is to make people laugh."
                    ~Roger Rabbit

Comment

• disneyfan07
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2005

not that I am skeptical, but I think that the bagless security line(s) should include a metal detector. i mean really, whats to protect us normal, law abiding citizens from the nuts and whackos (and terrorists) from bringing in a pipe bomb or worse with them?????????????

Comment

• MagicWDI
                        Hall Of Promise
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                        not that I am skeptical, but I think that the bagless security line(s) should include a metal detector. i mean really, whats to protect us normal, law abiding citizens from the nuts and whackos (and terrorists) from bringing in a pipe bomb or worse with them?????????????
                        The current baggage check isn't a top security checkpoint. Resort security, armed plain-clothes peace officers and uniformed officers are doing their job enforcing the laws and providing a safe environment throughout the property. The baggage check is just an addition level of security as we are still in the Elevated Risk of attack.

I would understand if this was an environment where law enforcement may not be present, such as some international flights or cruises over international waters, that it be important for the highest level of security checks. However, the Disneyland Resort maintains a constant level of security and law enforcement within the checkpoints and throughout the property.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2006

As a friend of mine said, they feel safer at Magic Mountain than at Disneyland.

Comment

• ralfrick
                            Hopper's Mortal Enemy
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                            Rather 10 seconds than being blown to smithereens!
                            Do you honestly think the DL bag check will prevent people from getting explosives into the park?

A bientot.
                            Remember
                            What the dormouse said
                            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

• techskip
                              I Break Things
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by MagicWDI View Post
                              The current baggage check isn't a top security checkpoint. Resort security, armed plain-clothes peace officers and uniformed officers are doing their job enforcing the laws and providing a safe environment throughout the property. The baggage check is just an addition level of security as we are still in the Elevated Risk of attack.
                              The point is it is a joke, and to many it is merely a waste of time. Similar to the baggage check at Knott's... at least SFMM has metal detectors. The truth is you have more security at an LA Unified High School then you do at Disneyland which is an international tourist destination. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing for tighter restrictions. But the checkpoint is an illusion of security, meant to make everyone feel better, aside from that it serves very little practical purpose.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X