Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So... PoTC Auction Show Scene...

On the wall behind the red head, kind up up the steps where The Auctioneer is standing, there is a poster that reads: "Auction today..." etc. At the bottom, it says "All proceeds to go to US of A"

We tried to get a picture of this but failed but that's what it said through the camera viewfinder. I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on this. Does it really say that? What would be the meaning behind this. Wouldn't the proceeds of the sale of the women go to the Auctioneer himself? Is this a gag of some sort?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: So... PoTC Auction Show Scene...

Wow, I have never noticed that. Now you gave me something to look for next time I go!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

Oh my god, that's my favorite ride and I've never noticed that..... I must go on it... I must and see if it's there!
      sigpic
      I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Yeah, I had never noticed it before either. I spent a lot of time this trip looking at things in the background of scenes and trying to notice things I hadn't necessarily seen before. It was a lot of fun. This one caught me off guard though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

A couple images that might help. Hard to make out though...

http://davelandweb.com/potc/7_06_DSC_0040.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/potc/images/12_06_M_DSC_3212.jpg

and more (from davelandweb)
          Last edited by Mojave; 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Too weird...I've never seen that...

Comment

it kinda looks like ESS of A, not that that would mean anything..
              "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Comment

Well, shiver me timbers! Forty years of sailing the POTC, and I had never noticed THAT!
                First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Ok, so that first pic Mojave posted a link to (thanks Davelandweb), I blew it up and this is what we get:

It looks like PSS of A or FSS of A.

So what does this stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                    Ok, so that first pic Mojave posted a link to (thanks Davelandweb), I blew it up and this is what we get:

It looks like PSS of A or FSS of A.

So what does this stand for?
                    Pirates Secondary School of Auctioneering?

Comment

Pirates of the Seven Seas of Anaheim?

Were there any Imagineers that worked on POTC with these initials? And if so, were they from Anaheim?
                      MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                      (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Are there any D-land locals that are willing to go on a quest for clear pic of that? I would of course.... but I live in AZ. )
                        sigpic
                        I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

ill be there this 19th - 26th, ill try and snap one, but if anyone can get it sooner....?
                          "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Comment

i noticed this in wdw, too! i have no idea what it stands for but i'll flip through my pictures and see if i have any clear ones of the poster.

Comment

That's interesting, I think I've seen the writing, but never noticed what it said. If anyone knows what that means I'll be impressed.
                              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                              -Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X