No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2DieFR
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2005

[Question] No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

Last year and the year before, the floral Mickey at the foot of Main Street Station was made to look like Zorro, made up of hundreds of tiny pumpkins for Halloween Time.

[Photo credit: startedbyamouse.com]

Is this element not returning this year? There was no mention made in the Backstage Pass about it, and this being Sept 18, the YoaMD floral should be walled off and in the process of change by now.

As you can see from Darkbeer's special Thursday update, the floral has vaguely autumn-ish marigolds but is still the YoaMD incarnation.

Looks like the main Floral display will not change for Halloween (but some cosmetic stuff, such as Tink might get some attention.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM.

• scarlett_3184
    Brand new CM!
    • Mar 2008

Re: No "Floral" Zorro Mickey This Year for HalloweenTime?

Awesome! I've never seen that!
    I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

• dl_appurtenant
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2008

I guess not. This is the first Halloween with Tink there so I guess they're opting not to do it. IMO, it wouldn't look good with Tink there anyways.

It'll return someday....
      appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

• Abominable Snowman
        Premium Youngling and
        • Aug 2006

Halloween at the resort doesn't start for another week...

They can surprise us, you know

Comment

• Craigroy8287
          Oo-de-lally
          • Jun 2008

I love the way this looks. The orange, white and maroon looks great.
          Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
          Golly, what a day

Comment

• mycroft16
            I'm not really here
            • Aug 2006

There's still time. Darkbeer mentioned that the walls will be going up soon. Guess we'll see in a day or two.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Darkbeer
              Darkbeer
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
              There's still time. Darkbeer mentioned that the walls will be going up soon. Guess we'll see in a day or two.
              I did NOT say that, I said that the Floral area will remain basically the same. (There is a lot invested in the lighting).

There is a possibility of some overnight work, such as placing Tink in a costume, or working on Mickey's eye area to make it look like a mask. But no major change as there was in 2007.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                Beach Expert
                • Sep 2006

I would think that they really don't want to change this area too much. With Pixie Hollow opening on October 28 I think they might be wanting to promote that instead.

Comment

• Mac Daddy
                  Nikon +Disneyland = :)
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Jun 2005

Bummer. I really liked the fact that the floral changed from Summer to Halloween after that looooooong stretch from Christmas to September. Maybe next year.

Comment

• mycroft16
                    I'm not really here
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                    I did NOT say that, I said that the Floral area will remain basically the same. (There is a lot invested in the lighting).
                    You are right... I was way off on that one. Sorry about that Darkbeer.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• 2DieFR
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jun 2005

Why does Tink always win? She is taking over the whole King Triton garden area, that's plenty of ground for her to spread pixie dust over (and for guests to get their fill of fairies).

I think this is very disappointing. Halloween Time needs to expand, not shrink. The YoaMD stuff has had its time.

Sure, there was a lot invested in the lighting, and I like the effect. But the special holiday decor, Halloween and Holidays, has always been a bigger, stronger draw for park guests than DreamClouds (and all of its other incarnations; monorail wraps, sprinkle signs, character dress) ever were.

Holiday-specific decor, in general, should always win over the year-long promotions. I was willing to make some sacrifices for the 50th (i.e. the golden tree, the lack of garland over Main Street due to the Parade of Dreams running thru the holidays, etc.), but not for the YoaMD.

Comment

• MasterGracey
                        Dateline Disneylander
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                        Why does Tink always win? She is taking over the whole King Triton garden area, that's plenty of ground for her to spread pixie dust over (and for guests to get their fill of fairies).

I think this is very disappointing. Halloween Time needs to expand, not shrink. The YoaMD stuff has had its time.

Sure, there was a lot invested in the lighting, and I like the effect. But the special holiday decor, Halloween and Holidays, has always been a bigger, stronger draw for park guests than DreamClouds (and all of its other incarnations; monorail wraps, sprinkle signs, character dress) ever were.

Holiday-specific decor, in general, should always win over the year-long promotions. I was willing to make some sacrifices for the 50th (i.e. the golden tree, the lack of garland over Main Street due to the Parade of Dreams running thru the holidays, etc.), but not for the YoaMD.

What I don't understand is why can't the HalloweenTime floral Mickey be adapted to include the YOAMD floral lighting feature? I mean, I can't say that I'm an expert on how the lighting is set up, but I imagine the strobes can be moved around? So move them around to the floral Jack-O-Lanterns and let them flash during HalloweenTime!

I imagine this is just an excuse to save a little bit of labor costs in the budget.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• 2DieFR
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2005

Yes, I thought about that too MG. How hard can it be to move around the strobes and reprogram them.. apparently too hard.

Comment

• Kuzcochik
                            The Yodelin' Cowgirl
                            • Jul 2005

How freaking lame is that? The floral/pumpkin seasonal mickey is one of the coolest parts of Halloween Time. One of the first indications that this season is different

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                            What I don't understand is why can't the HalloweenTime floral Mickey be adapted to include the YOAMD floral lighting feature? I mean, I can't say that I'm an expert on how the lighting is set up, but I imagine the strobes can be moved around? So move them around to the floral Jack-O-Lanterns and let them flash during HalloweenTime!

I imagine this is just an excuse to save a little bit of labor costs in the budget.
                            Those are my thoughts exactly!!

Comment

• Grizzly
                              MiceChatter
                              • Nov 2005

How dissapointing. I hope they at least spruce it up some more with Jack O' Lanterns and more autumn colors.

Comment

• a_shy_kid
                                steven.
                                • Feb 2008

i think it would be nice if they changed the floral too, especially since the main entrance will have the giant fab 5 pumpkins, and all of main street is decked out in halloweentime decor, it would only make more sense.

the tink floral + lighting is nice though so maybe they decided not change it because of it's nice-ness? hahaha.

or if anything they'll just do what tokyo disneyland did recently as they decorated the park for their halloween season during this year's 25th decoration.

regular 25th anniversary tink:
                                Tokyo Disneyland 25th Anniversary on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

regular 25th anniversary tink with halloween costume:
                                Disney Halloween 2008-03 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                                100_2544 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

(although our tinkerbell figure is a looooooot different, hahaha).
                                (+ also sorry if tink is a little hard to make out in all the pictures i found).

hahaha, but yeah i doubt they won't at least change the arrangement a tad bit...they still have a week. i'm pretty sure it doesn't take them too long to change the floral arrangements around, hahahahaha.
                                i've got no strings.

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                                  Goofy
                                  • Jul 2006

aww nuts.

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
                                    A Weather Eye Open
                                    • Mar 2007

i'm a bit bummed. i thought tink and the lights could be incorporated into halloweentime easily. even if they don't rearrange the design, they could replace the flowers to be the pumpkins and such, and leave the lights and tink just where they are.

and are they even going to take out the dream clouds at the bottom? dream clouds will come down elsewhere and we'll never see them again now that this new promo has been announced and themed.
                                    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• Ducktales88
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2007

Maybe they are just cutting a few more costs.... UGH

Comment

• Baloo
                                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                                        Yes, I thought about that too MG. How hard can it be to move around the strobes and reprogram them.. apparently too hard.
                                        it really has nothing to do with the lighting that is pure speculation. The lights installed were never intended to be permanent

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X