Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

test track in tomorrowland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disneyboi92
    started a topic [Idea] test track in tomorrowland

test track in tomorrowland

i think tomorrowland should add test track. It's a very futuristic ride and will fit with the theme.

• Gymnogyp
    replied
    Re: test track in tomorrowland

Like others have said. Not with RSR coming to DCA. Also, there isn't enough room in TL.

I would rather see and updated Autopia, like the Hong Kong version.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Originally posted by Mickeyfan3 View Post
    No!!! Autopia is classic Disneyland......you can't move it to DCA! That would be like moving the Mattherhorn to DCA.....bad move!
    Well, the Matterhorn is far more historic - it's the first tubular steel coaster - and it fits a lot better in its land, though it's not perfect. There is no valid reason for the current Autopia to be in the current Tomorrowland other than the fact that it's already there and getting decent ridership. If it were added today, the uproar from the fan community would be amazing. Cars and highways aren't things of the future anymore. They're an unfortunate part of our present and past, and we can only hope that the future will do away with them.

Status as a classic isn't enough to keep an attraction in the park, I'm afraid. I'm hugely nostalgic and tend to be hesitant about removing things in the park, but in cases like this...I mean, Autopia could very well be the biggest thematic violation in all of Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• stitchon
    replied

Test Track just doesn't fit Tomorrowland. It's not very futuristic, nor is the attraction really needed when Radiator Springs Racers uses the same system.

And besides, we don't need any more clones. Original attractions to keep guests coming is what we need.

Leave a comment:

• Craigroy8287
    replied

Originally posted by Mickeyfan3 View Post
    No!!! Autopia is classic Disneyland......you can't move it to DCA! That would be like moving the Mattherhorn to DCA.....bad move!

They wouldn't move it there because of the new Cars land that is going to be built.

I kind of like the idea to make this ride but I would prefer to see an all new attraction that no other park has. I doubt that will happen though.

Leave a comment:

• Mickeyfan3
    replied

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    maybe autopia can go to DCA and we can put testtrack in

Leave a comment:

• Mojave
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    No, no. I'm talking about something far less drastic. I just mean that currently, Innoventions stops a little ways west of the railroad tracks, which are still outdoors at that point. If a multilevel show building were built where Innoventions is, the train tunnel could be extended further north, allowing the new show building's top level to extend over the top of it and a bit of the service road that crosses the tracks. It wouldn't be a huge amount of extra space, but it'd help. As for the chiller plant, unless there's one I'm not aware of, that's further south and wouldn't be affected. Neither would the monorail beam, which is further east, and all the backstage areas over there aren't really any major backstage structures in the area I'm talking about.

When you look down from the station, you see this. Imagine that with a closer tunnel with some sort of themed show building exterior above.
    OK, I see what you're talking about. The reason I mentioned the chiller and Monorail tracks is because I thought you wanted to bridge over the DLRR and have a show building backstage. But I see now you mean just building on top of a new RR tunnel.

Even if they didn't go all out and put some part of an attraction on top of that tunnel, they could put some tall wienie, maybe even move the Moonliner there.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Let's not worry that TLM is going to be an E ticket or a D ticket. We don't use ticket books anymore, so this argument is moot.

Let's instead be more concerned about putting in a good quality ride that will provide enough of an experience to be both a good experience and compliment thematically the "land" that it is in.

If it is E or D is besides the point. Let's just concentrate on putting in some good quality attractions.
    Fair enough. =)

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Let's not worry that TLM is going to be an E ticket or a D ticket. We don't use ticket books anymore, so this argument is moot.

Let's instead be more concerned about putting in a good quality ride that will provide enough of an experience to be both a good experience and compliment thematically the "land" that it is in.

If it is E or D is besides the point. Let's just concentrate on putting in some good quality attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
    You mean go over the railroad tracks and use the land outside the berm? Where would the chiller plant go? How would they integrate with the monorail beam? And where would the rest of the backstage areas go?
    No, no. I'm talking about something far less drastic. I just mean that currently, Innoventions stops a little ways west of the railroad tracks, which are still outdoors at that point. If a multilevel show building were built where Innoventions is, the train tunnel could be extended further north, allowing the new show building's top level to extend over the top of it and a bit of the service road that crosses the tracks. It wouldn't be a huge amount of extra space, but it'd help. As for the chiller plant, unless there's one I'm not aware of, that's further south and wouldn't be affected. Neither would the monorail beam, which is further east, and all the backstage areas over there aren't really any major backstage structures in the area I'm talking about.

When you look down from the station, you see this. Imagine that with a closer tunnel with some sort of themed show building exterior above.

Of course, they could always get rid of the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure how relevant and/or sacred that attraction is any more.
    I'm sad to say that I wouldn't mind it leaving. Wouldn't mind it staying, either. But it certainly could be used for something else.

If they want to make a larger attraction, they should expand into that huge waste of space otherwise known as the Autopia queue.
    You never spoke a truer word, laddie.

Leave a comment:

• Mojave
    replied

How is The Little Mermaid not going to be an E-ticket? They're investing a lot of money and space into it. It's supposed to be an all-out spectacle. As for the space occupied by Innoventions...it's reasonably big. If a multilevel show building were used, it could be comparable in size to the Haunted Mansion. Innoventions is about 41,000 square feet; the Haunted Mansion, including the facade and underground queue, is about 44,000...and the track never passes over itself. Also, the area used by Innoventions could be expanded by making the new show building pass over the railroad tracks.
    You mean go over the railroad tracks and use the land outside the berm? Where would the chiller plant go? How would they integrate with the monorail beam? And where would the rest of the backstage areas go?

Of course, they could always get rid of the Grand Canyon. I'm not sure how relevant and/or sacred that attraction is any more.

If they want to make a larger attraction, they should expand into that huge waste of space otherwise known as the Autopia queue.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

How is The Little Mermaid not going to be an E-ticket? They're investing a lot of money and space into it. It's supposed to be an all-out spectacle.

According to some of the WDI factoid slides I've seen, Little Mermaid is meant to be an elaborate D-Ticket. Whether or not that has been upgraded since, I haven't heard.

Leave a comment:

• Zeus
    replied

enough of the fuss, let's just bring back Rocket rods..Rocket Rods that don't break.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Well I wonder how that will be. Little Mermaid looks to be HUGE and it's not even an E-Ticket (well to me more like a D-Ticket). Innoventions is big but not big enough for me.
    How is The Little Mermaid not going to be an E-ticket? They're investing a lot of money and space into it. It's supposed to be an all-out spectacle. As for the space occupied by Innoventions...it's reasonably big. If a multilevel show building were used, it could be comparable in size to the Haunted Mansion. Innoventions is about 41,000 square feet; the Haunted Mansion, including the facade and underground queue, is about 44,000...and the track never passes over itself. Also, the area used by Innoventions could be expanded by making the new show building pass over the railroad tracks.

Leave a comment:

• hollywood1939
    replied

It'd probably replace Innoventions, methinks. That's a sizable bit of real estate, and it'd be nice if a higher-capacity, more popular attraction were there instead. The backstage areas adjacent to Tomorrowland are not big...not much room to spare.
    Well I wonder how that will be. Little Mermaid looks to be HUGE and it's not even an E-Ticket (well to me more like a D-Ticket). Innoventions is big but not big enough for me.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X