Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Should Giselle be a permanent character at the parks?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Giselle be a permanent character at the parks?

Originally posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
    Enchanted is tricky because animated Giselle is clearly based off Amy Adams. That brings up all sorts of legal issues(such as paying Adams royalties) when they use her "likeness" in the parks. I've read that they're not marketing Giselle as part of the princesses precisely because if they were to do so, they would have to pay Adams royalties.

I'd like to know where this info is coming from. Frankly, I think it's just an urban legend, that gets perpetuated each time someone asks the question. Disney owns the movie and the characters, animated or not.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Good point. I wonder if there's any way to prove or disprove Amy Adams asking for royalties for Giselle appearing in the park; I can't imagine why she would but hey, people have some odd demands these days. Even if she did ask for royalties, I can't see why Disney wouldn't just cough up a certain ammount of money for Giselle to wander the park for a year or so.

Comment

I wish I could remember it now. It was some article in a newspaper that I read online.

And just because Disney has the money doesn't mean they want to pay the royalties. If there's demand for Giselle, they'll find a way to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
          Good point. I wonder if there's any way to prove or disprove Amy Adams asking for royalties for Giselle appearing in the park; I can't imagine why she would but hey, people have some odd demands these days. Even if she did ask for royalties, I can't see why Disney wouldn't just cough up a certain ammount of money for Giselle to wander the park for a year or so.
          Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
          I'd like to know where this info is coming from. Frankly, I think it's just an urban legend, that gets perpetuated each time someone asks the question. Disney owns the movie and the characters, animated or not.
          Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
          But didn't Amy Adams sign something saying they couldn't use her in the parks?
          I've been told this by a character host at PFF. all we got was Giselle in the pre - parade. Johnny Depp wasn't that smart to put that in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
            In the curtain dress, not the wedding dress.
            I so agree with that one!

Originally posted by Gymnogyp View Post
            This has always bugged me...

Giselle IS NOT A PRINCESS!!!!

She never married the prince and at the beginning of the film she wasn't a princess.
            I know... neither is Mulan a princess... yes, they are the main characters, the Disney heroines if you will, but not princesses.

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
            There are actually state and federal public laws that govern the uses of your identity. It is completely possible to deny a company the rights to use your identity. This is why many sweepstakes specifically state in their rules that by entering, you agree to let them do what ever they want with any photos taken of you in relation to the contest. This is also why Disney often puts up signs around areas where filming is going on in the parks stating that if you do not wish to appear, don't enter the area.

These are both ways of saying, but entering, you waive your right to control your publicity. Both Amy Adams and Harrison Ford declined to give the rights to their likenesses to Disney. Lucas Arts does control the character of Indiana Jones, and they and their distributors do have the rights to Harrison's likeness (hence all the toys), when the deal was inked with Disney, Harrison had the option to give or deny this right to them as it was a new deal. He declined. Amy has also declined.

That being said... I'm not sure why they declined. I can't think of a higher tribute to your talents than to have a character you played immortalized at Disneyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

So funny that this is being asked.

When Enchanted first came out, I would ask, why isn't there a Giselle meet and greet...? I wanna get a picture with her and have an autograph.

But then I thought of Mary Poppins and flipped my thought, thinking, nah, I rather have mary poppins, but then I thought about it again. Back and forth.

So to this day, I don't know my thoughts on this. I like her, she's great, but she might have been a fly by kind of disney moment. She isn't really "classic disney" by any stretch, and she wasn't a princess. She never became a princess. So I don't know.

Either way I like her. I think it would be too late now though to add her to the parks. Maybe she could come out as a seasonal character?

Comment

Giselle was cool....and Enchanted was a good flick.......so I think she should be a permanent character....

Comment

I would love to see Giselle represented in the Parks! She's a no nonsense Disney Leading Lady (sorry, but she's not a princess) and that wedding dress is abso-freakin-lutely awesome!!
                  <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Yes, YEs, YES, A thousand times YES! Please Disney, for me? Or the world? Just get it done.
                    sigpic
                    Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

I would love 2 see Giselle in the parks, I would even love it more if they had a musical of Enchanted or parade. (I miss those years when they had parades based on movies like The Lion King and Mulan.)
                      I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
                      1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

Comment

I second the idea of an 'Enchanted' show at DL or DCA. The musical numbers in that movie were fantastic.

I also like the idea of Giselle being a character in the park. Of course she's not a classic character yet but the movie only came out last year. As more children grow up with the movie, she will become a classic character.
                        A little bit about me...
                        First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
                        Mandatory first ride: POTC
                        Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
                        Next trip goals:
                        1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
                        2) Get over to TSI.
                        3) Try a jalapeņo/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

Comment

I agree with the parade idea, that would be awesome. The first time I saw the movie, I thought of a parade in Disneyland when they were doing "That's How You Know," I saw that and thought it would be awesome in a parade. Maybe they could do a live show but there's not really anywhere to put it that I can think of. The Hyperion is taken for the Aladdin show, I don't think that one should go anywhere, it's an amazing show. Is there a theatre in DL that's big enough for an Enchanted show?

Comment

I just don't see Disney going out and spending the money to have Giselle in the parks if their is something in the contract. Now I can tell you might see more of Johnny Depp in the parks very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMoose View Post
                              I just don't see Disney going out and spending the money to have Giselle in the parks if their is something in the contract. Now I can tell you might see more of Johnny Depp in the parks very soon.
                              I don't either... sadly. Because Giselle could be an amazing character to have around. Can you imagine how fun she would be to interact with? That slightly ditzy, crazy, but sincere personality? It's like a slightly unsure of herself Ariel. And instead of the crazy wedding dress, the curtain dress would be just beautiful.

As for Depp.. yeah, with 3 movie deals just inked officially with Disney... we'll be seeing more of him, but that is for another thread about another land.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

whether or not she is permanent in the parks.... she will always be permanent in our hearts... LOL

http://dlrtoday.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X