Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Gordon's Disneyland collectibles being auctioned on ebay.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bruce Gordon's Disneyland collectibles being auctioned on ebay.

Mod: Could you please not move this thread... it's Disneyland related. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Just found this on ebay.

If you're a Disneyland collectibles person, there's some pretty cool Disneyland stuff there as well as original art, games, Disney awards, and even a copy of the Long Beach Press Telegraph from the day Walt died!
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Bruce Gordon's Disneyland collectibles being auctioned on ebay.

Wow, some of that stuff would be AMAZING to own. Those Imagineer awards, the drawings, wow! I wish I had about $10k in disposable income. Do they have a payment plan?

Comment

Any idea on why it's all being sold? Those look like family heirloom kind of things to me.

Comment

I noticed some stuff at least a month ago, looks like they are doing a little at a time.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Thanks for the post. I bid on a couple of things, but it looks like everything I like will end up well beyond my budget!

Comment

I would not feel right buying Bruce Gordon's memorabelia collection. I would feel guilty about profiting off his death.

Comment

I see three of his nametags are for sale there. Too bad I already have those styles in my Museum. But who knows.. if the price doesnt go insane later.. i might take a stab at them...

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                I would not feel right buying Bruce Gordon's memorabelia collection. I would feel guilty about profiting off his death.
                How would you be profiting? I imagine his family profits from the sales and would help set up a college fund for his grandkids or something.

Comment

I think it's kinda nice. It's like allowing those who liked him to inherit some of his collectibles.
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by dlandjimmy View Post
                    Wow, some of that stuff would be AMAZING to own. Those Imagineer awards, the drawings, wow! I wish I had about $10k in disposable income. Do they have a payment plan?
                    Actually yes, PayPal does have a monthly payment plan.

I would love to have that Tahitian Terrace Dinner Menu! But its already up to $80. Out of my budget...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Thanks Charlie - I see a few items that I'm going to bid on.

Comment

I have also been watching the Bruce Gordon stuff over the past month. It is just amazing what he had as personal items and as part of his collection.

Has anyone on Micechat been able to win anything? The winning bids of some items have just been outragous.

As for family....does he have any family? I was also wondering why (if he had family) why they didn't keep some of the things that have been up for bid.

I'm sure Bruce Gordon must have led an interesting life....we may never know his true story and his ultimate death. Soooo Sad. But I would be very proud to have one of his collectables sitting on my bookcase to keep the flame alive !!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                          Well Bruce Gordon's stuff is being auctioned by Howard Lowery, a long-time and well-respected auctioneer of Disney collectibles in Burbank. I'd guess it's on consignment, so most of the profits will probably go to his family or friends who inherited his estate. And being Bruce Gordon, he probably amassed a huge collection of Disney stuff.

Comment

I hope you dont mind me posting; (Im new) I just admired bruse and all he has done. He is even part of Wally Boags new book coming out.
                            I have no clue what family he has, but its a shame that this Disney awards are up for sale and not in the achieves or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
                              Well Bruce Gordon's stuff is being auctioned by Howard Lowery, a long-time and well-respected auctioneer of Disney collectibles in Burbank. I'd guess it's on consignment, so most of the profits will probably go to his family or friends who inherited his estate. And being Bruce Gordon, he probably amassed a huge collection of Disney stuff.
                              Not to mention that Bruce and the Lowery's were extremely close personal friends for decades. In fact, Paula Sigman-Lowery (former Disney Archivist, Disney Classics Collection creator, and current Walt Disney Family Museum employee) was partially responsible for Bruce being hired by the Disney family to help design the Walt Disney Family Museum (to open in 2009) up in San Francisco...after he left Imagineering. Bruce worked with her on an almost day-to-day basis. So it's perfectly understandable that the family would select the Howard Lowery Gallery to auction or sell off Bruce's Disney memorabilia. They're friends of the family.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X