Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Any rides you loved as a child but now can't stand?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any rides you loved as a child but now can't stand?

I was posting some pics from my recent trip report, one of the last was the Teacups spinning.

This ride used to be a real favorite of mine as a child, but I can't bear the thought of spinning around like that now. I'm sure I would be sick.

Has this happened to anyone else? Perhaps it's getting older. I still love the roller coaster type rides, Indy is one of my favorites. But the Teacups, no way!

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/104457-hour-half-disneyland-9-17-08-part-1-a-new-post.html
    sigpic
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Re: Any rides you loved as a child but now can't stand?

Autopia for sure.

I loved it as a child but as I got older I stopped riding it. I have had an AP for 6 years now and I have been to DLR and DCA hundreds of times. I don't think I have rode it more then 10 or 15 times.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Comment

I can't say that I even liked this one as a child, but I have never been one for Snow White's Scary Adventures......and she's not even featured in the attraction!

Comment

Count me in for the Teacups. But I stopped riding more out of protest after they installed the thingamajig that keeps it from going really fast. The best thing was the "Will I barf? Will I not?" feeling after screaming with laughter during the whole ride.

And, no, I never did spill any protein.

Comment

submarines. LOVED them as a child and I really don't care for them now.

for a while it was the train, but I have come back around to liking the train again.

Comment

People Mover
            Rocket Jets
            Skyway
            Adventures Thru Inner Space

Other than those, nope...
            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
            -Walt Disney

Comment

Even when I was in my teens, I started to dislike riding the Matterhorn. It's just too rough. If someone sat in front of me, I was afraid of getting my teeth bashed in. If I was in front, I was afraid I was going to smack the person in back.

Don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters. I still like the Matterhorn in general. I just won't ride it.

Comment

It's a Small World

Comment

I rode the Matterhorn last year after not having ridden it in at least 10 years. Seriously, those bobsleds have shrunk! Not nearly as much fun when you need a shoehorn to get in and/or out.
                  sigpic
                  If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Comment

-Autopia
                    -Star Tours
                    -Dumbo
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

The closest thing for me would be the Jungle Cruise... it's not so much that I don't like it anymore, but I don't go on NEARLY as much as I used to. I'm not sure why. I guess I got kinda tired of it. And I miss old Trader Sam.

Another would be Tarzan's Treehouse. I loved the Swiss Family Treehouse, but when the Tarzan transformation occurred, I've only been up probably 4-5 times.

Comment

Dumbo was a big favorite of mine when I was a little tyke, but I haven't ridden it in a long time.

Comment

AUTOPIA! Hands down!
                          I loved that ride as a kid! Now....not soo much!
                          I feel cramped in that little car cuz i'm too tall and the smell of the exhaust gives me a headache!
                          ICK!
                          A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                            Dumbo was a big favorite of mine when I was a little tyke, but I haven't ridden it in a long time.
                            Ride it - you might still like it. My son loves Dumbo.....and I usually am the one that takes him on his flight.....

Comment

For me it's space mountain. I used to love it..... but I hate it now. Too dark, and I had a bad moment on there once

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X