• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mycroft16
    I'm not really here
    • Aug 2006

Re: A CHARACTER CHALLENGE (sort of)...

Dang.... great characters! I'd love to see the villains out a LOT more at Disneyland. Besides the Evil Queen and Cruella (only two I've ever seen)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Capt Hook
      Banned User
      • Jun 2006

I remember back in 2003 and 04 Capt. Hook was out every time I when and that was like every other month back then. Now I see him once in a wild. I do miss the old days. Beside Hook, Baloo,Timon,Rafiki, Geppetto,Honset John & Gideon where out alot like Mickey,Goofy,Pooh, Cinderella and so on but none you don't see them anymore.

Comment

• amanda.collishaw
        Grim Grinning
        • Feb 2008

Iv'e never seen the Evil Queen, I see Cruella nearly every time I'm there along with The Queen of Hearts. I would love to see Maleficent, she's my favorite.... ooh and Ratigen to.

Comment

• Jiminy Crickett
          Banned User
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
          Iv'e never seen the Evil Queen, I see Cruella nearly every time I'm there along with The Queen of Hearts. I would love to see Maleficent, she's my favorite.... ooh and Ratigen to.
          Yep... WDW gets F A R more characters than we do. Its a darn shame. Wish we got that many, and such great ones as in these photos you're all sharing

Comment

• mycroft16
            I'm not really here
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
            Maleficent would be so awesome to see... especially since DL does have Sleeping Beauty castle. She deserves to be out a lot.

One of the funniest character moments I've seen is when Alice and the Mad Hatter started picking on the Evil Queen.

Alice (to Queen): "If the princesses got together and had a beauty contest, who would be the judge."
            Queen (raises eyebrows)
            Alice (grinning): "Snow White of course... because she's the fairest of them all!"
            Queen (frowns, turns to my wife): "Do you think Snow White is the fairest in the land?"
            Wife: "Why no your majesty." (curtsies)
            Queen: "Hmm... very good." And signs her autograph book which she had already taken before Alice showed up.

Mad Hatter simply made faces and pointed and laughed at the Evil Queen the whole time. After the joke Alice and he simply skipped off.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Sleepless Knight
              MiceChatter
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
              Maleficent would be so awesome to see... especially since DL does have Sleeping Beauty castle. She deserves to be out a lot.
              Maybe that's why we don't see hear very much since she seems to have trouble surviving a sword wielded by a prince in love with a sleeping beauty. Maybe they should put a prop over somewhere by the castle of Phillip's sword thrust into some black leathery dragon type skin lodged into the ground.

Oddly enough, DLRP has a dragon underneath the castle, but it looks nothing like Maleficent.

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                • Feb 2007

I have never stopped and counted, actively...but for villians...the old hag, which is a character I've seen only in photos....Captain Hook would be welcome, and Hades...Malificent and the White Witch from Narnia movies.....it is always fun to run into Cruella, she is the only one I have seen out lately I tend to stop for. Frozone is one I haven't seen in person yet I'd stop for if he was out.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• Jiminy Crickett
                  Banned User
                  • Sep 2008

Well.. we are gathering a very good list of "want to sees" maybe as our list builds, as more opinions are added, have a little faith, and all wish upon a star together, we could see more characters in the parks come 09.

Comment

• Luke Manning
                    Banned User
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    Over at Disneyland, it's called Mickey's Halloween Treat. I don't think it's as huge as the one in WDW where you get a parade AND fireworks!
                    Well it's called Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party now. WDW's parade is a 100 times better as well!

Originally posted by Nancywitt View Post
                    Technically not characters, but these were the dancers from the villians show and my husband wanted his picture taken with them.
                    I can't believe I've missed that show... tee hee hee

Seriously though, what show is that?

Comment

• amanda.collishaw
                      Grim Grinning
                      • Feb 2008

I think the best one to meet is the Queen of Hearts, she really gets into character. My cousins went to get her autograph, (they were 5 and 17 at the time) my 17 year old cousin walked up to her and handed her her book, she looked at it, looked at my cousin and tossed her book. My 5 year old cousin walked up to the Queen, courtsied and handed her her book, she signed it. My 17 year old cousin is afraid of the Queen now, it's really funny.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                        Starcruiser.. crash crash
                        MiceChat Moderator
                        • Sep 2005

It's actually quite bizarre to think of Queen of Hearts as a character to me. At Disneyland, it's really just a tall man in a mask. That's one costume I wish would be remodeled.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Jiminy Crickett
                          Banned User
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          It's actually quite bizarre to think of Queen of Hearts as a character to me. At Disneyland, it's really just a tall man in a mask. That's one costume I wish would be remodeled.

The Queen Of Hearts? Is that who you're talking about? Or is it Jack Skellington. I think I'm a bit confused ...

Comment

• Nancywitt
                            Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
                            I have never stopped and counted, actively...but for villians...the old hag, which is a character I've seen only in photos....Captain Hook would be welcome, and Hades...Malificent and the White Witch from Narnia movies.....it is always fun to run into Cruella, she is the only one I have seen out lately I tend to stop for. Frozone is one I haven't seen in person yet I'd stop for if he was out.
                            We ran into the witch from Narnia when we were in DLP in 2006.

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                            I can't believe I've missed that show... tee hee hee

Seriously though, what show is that?
                            The show with the "devil" girls is the one they put on during MNSSHP in front of the castle at WDW. It is a villian show and they sing and dance and these girls are the back up dancers. The villans and the dancers use to then come down from the stage to pose with people, but I don't know if they still do that.

Comment

• Steven
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2007

in 2002 over 3 day period I amassed somewhere around 50 different autographs PLUS saw a few characters who couldnt sign autographs Bullseye from Toy Story comes to mind right away.

my little brother and i had an autograph competition

on a more recent 5 day trip i don't believe i saw much variety.. no more than maybe 20 characters

Comment

• cticket
                                Disney Geek
                                • Feb 2008

[/quote]
                                I love the double barreled drink holder fanny pack.
                                sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X