• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojave
    DLR Construction nut
    • Nov 2005

[Idea] Daily/All time best cards for BLAB and TSMM

Here's an idea that probably would be too expensive to implement, but has potential to generate more repeat ridership:

Issue daily/trip score cards (similar to fast passes) to all guests that can be inserted into ride vehicles for BLAB and TSMM (and any future interactive attractions) which will track your daily best and, for longer stays, your trip best. The cards can be read in readers at the exit to both attractions, showing your best score, your average score, plus hints on how to score better next time. Additionally, at home, you could input a number on the card into a website which will give you the same info.

AP guests would be able to tie their daily card to their AP card and get their annual best/average and lifetime best/average for renewers.

Repeat daily guests could connect previous scores to their lifetime scores, again via the website.

Being able to track your scores and improvements, plus getting hints on how to score better, could boost ridership.

I realize this would be expensive to implement (hardware) plus would require a network (though that exists somewhat for BLAB already).
    Last edited by Mojave; 09-28-2008, 04:40 PM.
  • aznshrek88
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2008

Re: Daily/All time best cards for BLAB and TSMM

Great idea, I'd like to know if its possible or worth it to hit the 2nd Zurg, otherwise I think I'm pretty maxed out on BLAB in terms of strategy and where to shoot.

Comment

• Peglegin98
      Banned User
      • Mar 2007

I really like that idea, it is like any video games that when you lose a stage you get hints for doing better. Not that anyone can loose in either of those games, but I love the printout idea. If they can give you millions of cards for Autopia then they can for other rides too.

Comment

• biscuits
        is enjoying a ukulele.
        • May 2008

This is a fun idea. It gives the ride some replay value over what's already established there.

Comment

• Jordiekins
          The one and only
          • Apr 2008

i have a question for anyone that rides BLAB:

can you see which internet person you're teamed up with?

Comment

• cpuJesse
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2008

i have a complaint with BLAB. my wife and i were just there this last week and rode it 3 times and only once out of the three did it record our scores and picture. and the first time, i had well over 1.2 million points. what gives? about 75% of the pictures that were taken when we were looking for ours, didnt come out.
            "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Comment

• duckiedianne
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2006

The last two times I went on BLAB I got the picture but it didn't put the score on it! boo!!

My best score ever!

Comment

• cpuJesse
                MiceChatter
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                The last two times I went on BLAB I got the picture but it didn't put the score on it! boo!!
                yeah! the 1 picture that actually came through didnt have the score! whats up with that?
                "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Comment

• SusieP.
                  Ravenclaw

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                  Here's an idea that probably would be too expensive to implement, but has potential to generate more repeat ridership:

Issue daily/trip score cards (similar to fast passes) to all guests that can be inserted into ride vehicles for BLAB and TSMM (and any future interactive attractions) which will track your daily best and, for longer stays, your trip best.
                  They could do this and just link it to your park ticket or AP. Right? :unsure:
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

• Mojave
                    DLR Construction nut
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                    They could do this and just link it to your park ticket or AP. Right? :unsure:
                    Right, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by TypeSJess View Post
                      i have a complaint with BLAB. my wife and i were just there this last week and rode it 3 times and only once out of the three did it record our scores and picture. and the first time, i had well over 1.2 million points. what gives? about 75% of the pictures that were taken when we were looking for ours, didnt come out.
                      Sorry to hear about that. No matter how old the ride is, it still has some glitches, like the sensors not reading the vehicles, the Space Cruisers not returning to the "Home" positions, etc......

Just tonight, but pictures showed up, but my scores didn't. It didn't show up on the score board. I was confused about that.

Comment

• brand42
                        we jumped out a window
                        • Jun 2008

I've had incorrect scores posted with my ride photo. I've even had 2 scores show up even though I was riding alone.

Comment

• HighLeveller
                          MiceChatter
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jordiekins View Post
                          i have a question for anyone that rides BLAB:

can you see which internet person you're teamed up with?
                          If you get teamed up, you get this:

For keeping track of scores, you could probably have scanners (two; one for each player) at the email terminals so it can keep tabs according to that player's park ticket or a card handed out like what's been suggested.

At any rate, this dropped-pictures things has got to get fixed before any sort of recordkeeping function is added. As for the ride's age, I wouldn't call 2005 old. I don't know the workings of the ride but I'm wondering if all the scorekeeping is done on the boats, or more to the point, what kind of communication there is between the boats and email-terminals/photos/etc. Or maybe if there's automated detection of inappropriate things in photos that's seeing things incorrectly more than it should be. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning and calibration. For example some targets look dirty or otherwise don't work.

Comment

• duckiedianne
                            MiceChatter
                            • Aug 2006

yeah! the 1 picture that actually came through didnt have the score! whats up with that?
                            I was bummed because I finally beat my personal best score (look at picture on the bottom) but all I got was this!

No Score!!! BOOOOO!!!

My best score ever!

Comment

• dlandjimmy
                              CM supporter
                              • Oct 2005

How about instead of linking it to any cards, which would be expensive because of hardware, just have it linked to your email address. That way when you go to the computer, just type it in and all of your info gets brought up.

Then it's more of just a software thing, which is cheaper, you don't have to close for a refurb and it's easily upgradeable.

My 2 cents.

Comment

• SingingAngel7242
                                Off to Neverland
                                • Nov 2005

good idea...
                                but i'm fine with what buzz has now where I can email it...i just wish TSMM had that too...because I can never remember what my scores were

Comment

• mycroft16
                                  I'm not really here
                                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by dlandjimmy View Post
                                  How about instead of linking it to any cards, which would be expensive because of hardware, just have it linked to your email address. That way when you go to the computer, just type it in and all of your info gets brought up.
                                  Being a database/web engineer... this is probably the easiest solution. The system is already set up to handle emails... just add a few additional tables to the database and store score information and date. Create a nifty user interface to check on past scores. Wouldn't be very difficult at all. Shouldn't take more than a month to set up completely and best of all, would require 0 interruption in ride availability at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Mojave
                                    DLR Construction nut
                                    • Nov 2005

Hey mycroft16, you're a software engineer too? Cool! Actually I think I probably knew that already from discussions of a Disneyland timeline. Anyway...

An email solution would work, though it could be abused (faking scores), but I guess this is for personal use so there's really no issue.

We could actually set that up ourselves pretty easily. Probably in a week. Anybody game?

Comment

• dlandjimmy
                                      CM supporter
                                      • Oct 2005

Yeah, I think email would be the best solution. Though I would have to add one requirement...

As fun as it is to look at your top scores and averages and what not, I think that should only be available through your personal computer. It already takes too long to just find and email your photo, think about how long it would take if everyone was checking scores/stats and comparing with friends and other guests. Just my suggestion.

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
                                        Animation Domination
                                        • Apr 2008

TypeSJess Wrote:

Yeah I know the feeling me and my sister usually get high scores and either the picture doesn't come out but the score does or vice versa.
                                        The ride had more problems since about a month ago. I just get sad when my score doesn't come out.
                                        "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X